Nitrous on a 1.6L?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I cant beleive they didnt that becuase they lost a dumb race. Thats so dumb. As Bosnian said i would go around wih a bat or something looking for them and break there knees and mess up there car.
Efratech
Admin

Re: Nitrous on a 1.6L?

Post by Efratech »

AcingTeam wrote:Hey guys,
What do you think about putting a nitrous kit on a 1.6l Lanos? Would that be hard to do or require a professional installation? What hp shots would be safe considering that I only have an exhaust/intake/choco chip?
Any problems that I might be running into?

Thanks ;)

p.s. wanna be in the 15's 1/4 mile times
What you really think about its your CR your has around 9:5:1, wich its very good for a 50 HP NOS shot...

you will be safe with a WET system... the DRY system its a bit dangerous because the stock fuel presure regulator has to handle the extra "push" of the fuel needed to get the right air/fuel mixture... and if the fuel presure regulator fails to send the right amount of fuel you might damage your engine little by little... the WET system is more safe because inyects both fuel and nitrous at the same time... extra fuel means a rich mixture... you defintaly dont want to run lean with NOS...

my old engine had a 8:8.1 compresion (stock) i used to have a borrowed WET system... i was running 50 HP from it... with no problems... before i broke the engine i was planning to run it with a 100 HP shot with race gas. All because of its compresion... :wink:
sayhellotomylittlewoo wrote: not sure of the question but the eclipse driiver got sprayed and was pissed cause he lost.We have them on tape pulling up at the walmart my friends and i were at ,get out and proceed to beat the hell out of my car and drive off.The pics are posted on cardomain.http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/677712
I really feel sorry and mad at the same time... yes street racing its very exciting... but the track its way better... if your going to race in the streets allways go with lots of friends...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

I found some old pics of my NOS system... this was like 1 1/2 year ago...

Fuel line taken from the fuel rail:

Fogger: (i know... it could have work better if i had placed the fogger more near the throttle body)

Selenoids:

Engine: 2.0 8v

:roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

cool, thanks :)