Turbo Forenza wagon in the works

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nemasys
Junior

Re: Turbo Forenza wagon in the works

Post by Nemasys »

I have a similar project going on, its an Aveo with a turbocharged U20SED.

I also use the stock manifold but i welded a t3 flange straight on the manifold, of course that makes going back to stock impossible, but a used manifold is like 100 buks anyways. Plus once you go turbo who the hecks wants to go back to stock hahaha.

The turbo is low, but it sits high enough that the oil return is right on the borderline of being too low, the car doesnt smoke when i start it.

What i am using for fuel management is a Megasquirt 2 along with the stock ecu that controls ignition (I want to move to a full standalone system in the future). My system is somewhat kind of like what exist3nce is running (Stock ecu for ignition with emanage for fuel control) The only problem im having is getting a correct tach signal to the unit so it can fire the injectors. Right now its wired straight on the ignition coil, but that only gives me 1/2 of the rev output. (Meaning the car idles at 1000 rpms, megasquirt picks up a rev signal of 500 rpm)

It works, but i have to cut my ve table's revs in 1/2. So say i want to program a certain amount of fuel at say 3000 rpm, well in megatune its set to 1500 rpm for that particular box, and so forth for the rest of the tuning.

It's a little hard to work with, but until i can find a solution to getting a normal tach signal, have to stay with that setup.
2004 Aveo Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57
ACFerret

Re: Turbo Forenza wagon in the works

Post by ACFerret »

OK....so after rewiring liek 30 wires from my melted wiring harness, and fixiung the oil line.....

My pump came in!, it took about ...2 hours to figure out how to mount it...then 25 minutes to run oil, then 2 hours to decide what circuit was gogin to turn it on, then 20 minutes to actually wire up.

The smoking has stopped...thank god, LESSSON LEARNED HERE!!!! dont mount turbo too low, or you will have to go through all that and spend lik 200 buck on a pump.

SO im drivign the car around, and I reaaaaallly want some kind of fuel solution, but I have absolutely no idea where to go, im seeing you guys witht he product names, but I know nothign about these products, I dont even know what a piggy back is, i just know it kinda piggybacks, idk wtf it does.

So i need your help, toss me a link of a product with a description of what it does, so I can choose which one to buy.
I have all this motivation to finish this project, and ive been workign non stop...right now though, I have no parts to work with and I need help here, caus IDK what i need
In a possibly related matter, My AC broke today, ill be investigating tomorrow to see if it was caused by the turbo being mounted too close to the AC pump, but personally, I think the clutch went out.