turbo kit for optra

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

optra2006

turbo kit for optra

Post by optra2006 »

hiya all
i'm looking to buy a turbo kit for my optra2006 1.6 16v the engine code is F16D3 E-Tech II.
so please where i could found this kit. :roll:
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: turbo kit for optra

Post by gse_turbo »

optra2006 wrote:hiya all
i'm looking to buy a turbo kit for my optra2006 1.6 16v the engine code is F16D3 E-Tech II.
there is a group on another forum building a kit for the A16D, should be the same header. they aren't too far yet still testing to make sure everything is perfect.

one option is that you can buy the flange I sell and have a existing header modified, this would be the fastest way at the moment.

Garrett
AntDX316
Junior

Re: turbo kit for optra

Post by AntDX316 »

optra2006 wrote:hiya all
theres a guy who turboed his optra u should ask him if he can make the same manifold for u and buy the same turbo then all u have to do is buy piping and an intercooler then connect them together

then u can do whatever u want such as gauges and fuel mods the only hardest part would be getting a manifold
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

that was a 2.0 16v, I've never even seen a Optra with a 1.6.

Garrett

edit: this is the only mention of an Optra/Lacetti with a 1.6 that I found CLICK HERE
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

gse_turbo wrote:that was a 2.0 16v, I've never even seen a Optra with a 1.6.

Garrett

edit: this is the only mention of an Optra/Lacetti with a 1.6 that I found CLICK HERE
most of the Lacetti hatchbacks here in the UK have the 1.6 engine, very few have the 1.8... and i dont think ive seen a 2.0 in a Lacetti, except for in the 4-door saloon.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well considering OPEL/Vauxhall allready make a factory turbo 1.6L in their VXR/OPC Corsa ( Z16LET / Z16LER/ Z16LEL ) that is a simple upgrade
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I'm almost 100% sure that the Optra would have come with the small block if it's a 1.6 non-turbo. the Z16LET / Z16LER/ Z16LEL are the new line of motors that Opel has dubbed the "Mid-size" engines which are not related to the big or small block in any way except the bellhousing flange and flywheel.

Garrett
mcrouchman

Post by mcrouchman »

Hey Garrett,
Not sure if I should start a new thread or not, but I guess it is indirectly related to Turbo Kits for optras...we emailed back and forth regarding a proper kit for my '04 Optra5...I have found a turbo for it, but after chatting with a great fella from Boshart, he mentioned that I should really invest in a piggyback system for the car before I get too far into this. I guess that's what I was scared of, in regards to the cost portion of it and not having much knowledge in the ECM side of my car. The turbo I found was a Shwitzer (now bought out by Borg-Warner) T3/T4 hybrid turbo...as suggested by you for recommending the size. I have found a local dealer who I can get whatever I need...I just don't want to get sucked into getting the unnecessary bells and whistles to mod the car. Just looking for any suggestions and if this was the right choice for a turbo. It was just completely rebuilt from a reputable shop here in Ottawa...so it looks to be in excellent shape.

My engine is the 2.0 DOHC 16V D-TEC with an automatic trans...not sure if that is of any help...