billet cranks

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

billet cranks

Post by gse_turbo »

who would be interested in a billet crank for the 2.0 and 2.2 ...and maybe the 1.6

i'm talking to the company that intimidator was having cranks made by and the prices aren't bad. if we can do a group buy of 5 of more people the price will be $1300 plus postage. otherwise the cranks are available but the individual price is $1995 plus postage.

...so is anyone interested?

Garrett
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

how much would they weigh compared to stock and how much power can they handle
2.0 engine swap in the works
logikal

Post by logikal »

What entirely is different from the factory? I was going to have my crank balanced nitrated micropolished and shot peened for 550 dollars. If this will make a significant improvement from that then I ill be willing to jump on in.
2005 Suzuki Reno:
~3" in/out Flowmaster cat to 2.25" exhaust
~custom headers
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Which style of crank??? Is it going to take the crankshaft reluctor wheel internally like the T20SED/U20SED ???
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

good questions...

billet cranks are several times stronger than the cast pieces so I'm quite confident that they would handle upwards of 1000hp or more which is unlikely for us to reach

I'll talk to them today and see what the crank weighs, I knoe the factory 2.2 DOHC is about 46-48lbs and the 2.0 SOHC is about 40lbs.

the difference is that that the factory crank is a mass produced cast unit where these are indivudually machined from billet steel which is several times stronger than cast. most of the proccesses that you mentioned have been done to the cranks, I would likely have the crank cryo treated as well but I would have to add that expence. (as a side not I DO NOT recommend nitriting a cast crank as it can make the crank brittle, all the other proccesses are well worth it)

the would have the provisions for the internal reluctor on the 2.0 and 2.2 like all the cast crank since the begining.

Garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

to expand on Chris' question, they would not have the balance shaft like the ZLET AND XXEV (it's not needed) and it will not have the (far less common) two steel reluctor pins like the very early 2.0 cranks, if needed they can be added by a capable machine shop.

Garrett
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

What sort of power can a standard crank handle???? I am planning on running round 480HP when I upgrade my rods and pistons and wonder if the crank would hold up?? It would be nice to get a Billet crank, but one should be carefull not to spend money on an upgrade and only use it up to say 40% of it`s capacity when the standard crank would maybe handle the power running at 90% of it`s maximum capacity??
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Another cool product idea........ who wants to buy me one? :D
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

I need a 1800cc crank.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

which block is it going in (Small Block right?) and what is the stroke?
Rovsche

Post by Rovsche »

gseturbo,

I need a 1500cc crank for Woo Nexia. Its small block 15MF series with 81,5mm of stroke.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

let me see what I can do, might have one available. ;)