Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Well DAMN... Aftermarket manifolds for the 2L

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

whoa! where did you find that 2.0L manifold?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well yes..... of course there are allready aftermarket X20XEV manifolds but they are incredibly expensive.

Here.... read this and weep.... http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Db ... folds.html

I don't know about you.... but I can certainly find a better use for $2500 ( by the time freight and duty are added into the price)

DBlias is not the only manufacturer of aftermarket X20XEV intake manifolds but I can assure you that the others are nearly as expensive.

The German aftermarket is slightly more reasonable but I'm pretty sure it would be well over $1000 to get one into the USA.

For that much money they had better be made of platinum
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Intimidator wants way less than $1000....
Audacity Racing
moron

Garrett and I have the 2L intake flange DXF now, so I'm in the process of working up a couple manifold designs for everyone...

I can beat the crap out of those prices (and even teh Magnus prices for DSM's)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Audacity Racing wrote:Intimidator wants way less than $1000....
I think your mistaken..... the intimidator post showing a DBlias intake actually never mentions the intake..... the advertisement if for an exhaust system for $800

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=15

And yes.... I'm sure you could manage to beat the prices for the UK/Europe intake..... it wouldn't be hard.... I'm sure I could have a batch of 10 made/tested and make a decent profit by selling them in around the $400 range.

Of course I'm lazy.... so that will never happen.... I might make a couple for myself..... but if you guys come up with a decent intake system I'd probably just buy a couple off of you.

I would be looking for at least one or two for the 2.0 16V and one for a 2.0L 8V
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Email Intimidator and ask the price Chris ;)
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Well yes..... of course there are allready aftermarket X20XEV manifolds but they are incredibly expensive.

Here.... read this and weep.... http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Db ... folds.html

I don't know about you.... but I can certainly find a better use for $2500 ( by the time freight and duty are added into the price)

DBlias is not the only manufacturer of aftermarket X20XEV intake manifolds but I can assure you that the others are nearly as expensive.

The German aftermarket is slightly more reasonable but I'm pretty sure it would be well over $1000 to get one into the USA.

For that much money they had better be made of platinum
It's way over rated... And too expansive... It has bad trumpets inside, and no tapper at all...

Check out this...

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines- ... ntake.html
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:? that thing is shitty!

garrett