Lightened flywheel for Nexia or Lanos. Where?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Lao

Lightened flywheel for Nexia or Lanos. Where?

Post by Lao »

Hi guys!

I was wondering if any of you know where I can find a lightened flywheel for my Daewoo Nexia. I think it's the same as the Lanos one.

I would be 100% sure of that if any of you can tell me the part number for the Lanos flywheel.

Conclusion: where can I find a lightened flywheel for Daewoo Nexia 1.5 16V ?

Thanks.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Any of the Opel 2.0L/1.6L/1.5L/1.4L "flat" flywheels should work for you.

You just have to be sure about the bolt pattern..... some of the older engines such as the C20LET and C20XE had an eight bolt crank instead of the 6 bolt crank on the newer 2.0L and all of the 1.6L/1.5L/1.4L engines.

The newest Opels have a dish style flywheel..... I would avoid them as the flat flywheel is way lighter than the dish type.

Honestly... if you have the flat flywheel there isn't that much you can do to lighten it further..... I would personally suggest an aftermarket lightened one that is made with higher strength materials.

There are a number of companies in the UK and Europe that should be able to help you out.

I'm thinking that the older Astra/Corsa 1.6L 16V flywheel should be identical to your Nexia flywheel..... so you might want to start there.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

You already might have the lighter 'flat style' flywheel. Easiest would be to look at the replacement pressure plate for your motor - if its very flat without any 'dish shape' to it, you have the dish style flywheel (heavy). If thats the case, then yes, flat flywheel would be a definite bonus. On the other hand, if replacement pressure plate has a distinctive dish shape, you are already dealing with lighter flywheel. In this case, you do not want to make the flywheel any lighter in essence. Do a search for flat lightened flywheel on this board - I posted some interesting photos what may happen....

Post by Lao »

Thanks for replynig guys. GsiTurbo, those were very nasty cases you showed, but I think it was their fault. They lightened it too much and from everywhere, in such case that they lowered its strength. I am not about to do anything to my flywheel, unless I find someone that knows what he's doing or I find an already lightened one, from a shop or something.

@PrecisionBoost: I will make a detailed search on that Astra flywheel and get back here when/if I have some results.

I also found this good info on Migweb: http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/FLYWHEEL.htm

If you guys find out anything new, please post it here, ok?