2.0 Turbo Lanos Hatch

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo_sleeper

2.0 Turbo Lanos Hatch

Post by woo_sleeper »

Hey guys im currently thinking of swaping out my 1.5 to the 2.0 , i need some ifno from u guys if possible
im using all the same parts from my old turbo set up on the 2.0 , My Question is it possible to swap all the right side pullies and engine mount from the 1.5 engine on to thr 2.0 , im nt sure if its possible , what im sure of is its possible to it with the 1.6 nubi engine i did it fro a friend of mine he swap the 1.6 nubi in to the lanos . also it it possible to run the 2.0 on the ecu and engine wire harness of the 1.5 ,im askin cz that wat i did with the 1.6 swap and it worked fine
thanx again guy

heres a vid of my car with the 1.5 engine runnin 7psi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lE1REJjehE

tell me wat u think , in the vid i was runnin w a 2.0 man leggy
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

Common guy's cant any 1 help out ? any feed back would be good
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

sorry to be the one to say NO.

the 1.5 and 1.6 are from the same 'family' of motors and the 1.8, 2.0, and 2.2 are from a separate family'. this goes for the SOHC's and the DOHC's.

the upside is that they can use the same transmissions.

one thing that can throw a wrench in things is the motor and transmission mount brackets but i'm in the process of getting that squared away.

garrett
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

thanx for the info , but i have done it to the nubi engine , swaped the mount to the lanos mount , so i assumed its possible with the leggy engine
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the 1.6 Nubi and the 1.5/1.6 Lanos is the same but the 2.0 Nubi and the 2.0/2.2 Leganza are way too different. you will need a different front mount bracket.

garrett
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

so is it possible 2 use the mount bracket from the 1.5 on the 2.0?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The 2.0L and 1.5L/1.6L mounts are different and not interchangeable.

As for inserting the 2.0L I have to ask why you would want to go through all that hassle considering you've allready turboed your 1.5L

Honestly..... a 2.0L turbo will most likely exceed your transmission handling capacity right away.

Personally... I would insert some lower compression pistons (if you don't have them allready) and turn up the boost a little further.

I would have to guess that as you approach 15psi of boost you will start to reach the limit of your gearbox.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

well i have reach w the 1.5 around 130 hp runnin 7psi and the highest ive gone was 10psi , the power im gettin isnt satisfyin me , ive ran w cars up to 2.5 , i still want more power , i planin on swapin the 2.0 engine tranny and ecu and wirein , i want to be in the 200+
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

well guys im swapin the 2.0 and so far its lookin good , got most of everythin done , once im done ill post pix
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

:smt023

garrett
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

im makin a custom engine mount and power mount other than that everythin else is in place
shapinoweno

Post by shapinoweno »

hey woo sleeper, what are you using to tune the car. it seems lkike it is running really good. are you detonating at all?
are you using emanage, or safc?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

don't know how did i miss that post!

how far is the swap progect now man? did you resolve the locked ECU issue yet?

i suppose you got the D20 tranny as well with the engine... turboing the 2.0 on the D16 tranny will probably kill it in no time

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

well i did get the ecu prob done finally got a nubira ecu code X3 , should be going later 2day to check up on the car allz done w just some minor shit like exhasut and turbo flange and som other stuff , but hopfully ill be done by the end of this week .

as for (shapinoweno) Question about the management im using Perfect Power Smt6 piggyback , the car doesnt lean out or miss fire or detonate i upgraded the injectors and also added a r.r.f.r and use cold plugs . in the vid it was running 7psi on 92 oct
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Congratulation on the work, keep going, hope the 2.0L become an evil :badgrin:
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)