Lanos 1.4/1.5 Uprated internals

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

batteryops

Lanos 1.4/1.5 Uprated internals

Post by batteryops »

Hi everyone

I am currently searching to no avail to find some forged pistons and billet conrods for the daewoo etec 1.4/1.5 engine as i am building a supercharged project and want to beef the internals first. My philosophy is build it once.

hopefully one of you can help with a location to find these items

Many regards
Michael
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

... I think your best bet is to go custom.

You'll find the prices are not-at-all unreasonable, especially if you're already looking to beef up internals. I think $500-$600 gets you a set of custom forged pistons, with the compression ratio of your choice. Rods might be a little more, but are available. You'll most likely need to send the companies your's as an example.

Good luck!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Parts for the 1.4/1.5L will be tough to find....... if it was the 1.6L then it would be no problem as the UK has piles of Vauxhall 1.6 Ecotec parts ( since the daewoo engines are vauxhall/opel/gm engines )

Some parts are interchangeable..... you might want to dig around UK shops for Vauxhall parts to see what you can come up with.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

BosnianLanos wrote:... I think your best bet is to go custom.
+1. Custom is the only choice for the 1.5L. Nothing is available off the shelf because call for parts is very limited.
BosnianLanos wrote:You'll find the prices are not-at-all unreasonable, especially if you're already looking to beef up internals. I think $500-$600 gets you a set of custom forged pistons, with the compression ratio of your choice.
+1. You do get to choose your compression which is good if your building it up for a forced induction. Yes it's pricey and wait time is huge (was about 10 weeks turnaround from shipping them out a piston to getting a set back).
BosnianLanos wrote:Rods might be a little more, but are available. You'll most likely need to send the companies your's as an example.
+1. I didnt bother with the rods. Revs seem to kill rods, and with forced induction you dont need to rev out a long way to get your power.
They do look pretty thin around the big end but have held up well.
BosnianLanos wrote:Good luck!
+1. And as a word of advice, go for a custom headgasket - stock one is weak and blows with higher pressure.

--Tim
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

Tim, Where did you get your custom head gasket from ?

I have blown 2 std Head Gaskets before, but think the std pistons being so far down the bore and causing detonation due to lack of quenching may have been the cause.

I have used a Victor Reinz one this time (for the Opel Corsa 1.6), i had to drill out a few water way holes but hope it will hold out better. Motor should be up and running in the next few weeks.....it's in but still have to get the new 63mm exchaust on.....waiting for pay day with much anticipation :lol:

BUT..... I would love to get a cometic or something similar.

Séan
Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres