Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jordanco88

Just bought a 1999 daewoo leganza cdx

Post by jordanco88 »

can anyone help me i am trying to find some performance parts for the 2.2
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i'm building the same motor, what are you looking to do?

garrett
jordanco88

Post by jordanco88 »

i was looking to have it bored and do a little headwork and ignition box
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

do you want to go turbo or stay N/A?

turbo is very expensive and there can be a ton of maintenance but you can build up to about CHIP very easy

on the other hand, i can get you a set of Wise co pistons at 11.0:1 or 12.0:1 with rings and pins ($550)

you would have to have your OE rods reconditioned and the small end bored for a flouting pin and oil feed drilled at both ends (around $150)

then you can go with a ID Pulley from Kinky Motor sports. ($200)

i offer a 1/2" header flange that you could use to build your own 4-2-1 long header ($75 for the flange shipped)

i also will be offering a 'big bore' ML copper head gasket (not sure on price yet)

you will definitely need the exhaust ports opened up, you'll see what i mean when you get there.

you can have your head shop order you dual valve springs and multi-angel valves (based on specs and not year make or model)

$1500 should be able to give you a great set up!

garrett

i could see this set up building over 200-250 hp and theres a lot more you can do.
jordanco88

Post by jordanco88 »

Thanks allot garret you are a great help.

well i kno a little about turbos, i kno how they work and how to make a setup but if you dont mind can you explain how all the electronics work like boost controler and what elese i would need to do that?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

for what its worth, if i were you, i'd stick with N/A. your project will be done faster, it will be very reliableand show great gains without having to level your acount.

if you go turbo you will need a faster fuel pump, 3bar MAS, bigger injectors, piggy back systems and that's just to help manage the boost that's not icluding the turbo, the custom header, intercooler, piping, down pipe,boost controller...

if you build for naturally assperated and you deside to go turbo in the future then i'll buy the pistons from you. that's about the only part you will have to change from the setup i listed above.

you should also consider ARP bolts and studs all around.

garrett