Next Step After CAI?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I believe it would fit...I mean we have more clearance in our Lanos's under the hood than the aveo's have and the headers are the same design... You would probably loose the air conditioning though...unless the kit has provisions for keeping it.

You would probably have to customize the piping some but overall it should fit with a little work.

Jimmy
zerosilence
Super

Post by zerosilence »

it looks like the manifold would bolt on the lanos with no problem. but you would have to change out the intake manifold for the lanos not sure about the aveo. correct me if im wrong
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

You shouldn't have to change the intake manifold on either car...just if you used the kit on the lanos you would have to make sure the intake diameter was the same as the charge pipes...if it was different then I am sure you could get an adaptor to make the pipes fit onto the factory intake/throttle body. That would be alot cheaper than swapping out the intake.

Jimmy
zerosilence
Super

Post by zerosilence »

what rpm does that t3/t4 spool up at? because my buddie has one in his prelude and it doesnt start spooling until 6500. and thats what my auto shifts at
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

that sounds crazy...preludes have an engine i know is over 2.0 just not sure how big...I know of a few guys who are running the turbo I have on acura integras with 1.8 liters and even the huge turbo I'm using spools around 3,700 or a little earlier with the .62 a/r housing I'm going to use. He may have a huge a/r on the turbine side of his turbo...If I remember correctly even with the t3 turbine housings you can go up to around a 1.00 a/r which would be way to big for our motors. You would want a a/r of around .42 on exhaust and .58 or so on the compressor I would think. Someone with more experience on turbo's can explain what I mean better. You can make a t3 that spools early or late...depends on what a/r housing you use on the turbine. Since the kit is only for 7 psi...it probably has a very low a/r on the exhaust so that it will spool quickly...I'd say you could have the full 7 psi by around 3,500 rpm...which would work well since our auto trannys shift at around 4,000.

Basicly, you can make even a regular t3 have a turbine housing that is too big and it won't spool worth crap...he should see if he can get a smaller turbine housing.

Jimmy