Swap engine in Ascona/Monza.

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MrCrowley.

Swap engine in Ascona/Monza.

Post by MrCrowley. »

Hi Guys, if i want to make a engine swap in a opel Monza (called Ascona too in others countries), what engine i can put in that engine bay? It´s possible to put a T22SED in this car?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

where do you live? if you're in the states, canada or mexico then i would do the 2.2 if you are in europe i would do the Z20LET(turbo), X20XEV(non-turbo)

if you're in europe and want the 2.2 just fo rthe stroke then you can put that crank in any of the opel/vaux L4's from i think '86 to current but you will have to know your block height and get conecting rods to fit.

garrett
MrCrowley.

Post by MrCrowley. »

gse_turbo wrote:where do you live? if you're in the states, canada or mexico then i would do the 2.2 if you are in europe i would do the Z20LET(turbo), X20XEV(non-turbo)

if you're in europe and want the 2.2 just fo rthe stroke then you can put that crank in any of the opel/vaux L4's from i think '86 to current but you will have to know your block height and get conecting rods to fit.

garrett
I´m from Venezuela, the car was sold here with the Chevy monza´s name, the stock engine is a 2.0 ohc, it´s possible to make head swap in this engine? What is the best option (engine) for this car?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

not sure about what opel or daewoo models are available Venezuela. to avoid some headaches, i would do a full motor swap cause you will have to get new pistons, bearings, head gasket... if you were to just swap heads.

if you could get a leganza that was rear ended and be able to get the full engine trani ecu and wiring then that would be the way to go.

garrett
MrCrowley.

Post by MrCrowley. »

gse_turbo wrote:not sure about what opel or daewoo models are available Venezuela. to avoid some headaches, i would do a full motor swap cause you will have to get new pistons, bearings, head gasket... if you were to just swap heads.

if you could get a leganza that was rear ended and be able to get the full engine trani ecu and wiring then that would be the way to go.

garrett
The Daewoo models sold here are: Leganza, Lanos, Espero, Nubira and Tacuma. Now, what engine will be the best option for me? It´s possible to buy a engine without ECU and to use a stand alone?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the bigger the better! i'm building a T22 for my '89 racer/lanos and all daewoo/ opel motors can be interchanged so if you can get a T22 it will bolt straight to your transmission. if i'm thinking right you have a C20NE with an F16 trani.

the down side to using the 2.2 is that it's not very popular as far as an opel size. most everything is made for the 2.0 so if you go to get conecting rods then you wont find them for anything but the 2.0.

most of the opel engines are based on the same platform "R90". so the C20NE is the older version of the T20SED and the T22SED.

if you don't plan to build the bottom end of the motor you buy then go with the T22, if you plan to build up the motor 'from the ground up' them go with the T20, you will have less trouble.

garrett
MrCrowley.

Post by MrCrowley. »

gse_turbo wrote:the bigger the better! i'm building a T22 for my '89 racer/lanos and all daewoo/ opel motors can be interchanged so if you can get a T22 it will bolt straight to your transmission. if i'm thinking right you have a C20NE with an F16 trani.

the down side to using the 2.2 is that it's not very popular as far as an opel size. most everything is made for the 2.0 so if you go to get conecting rods then you wont find them for anything but the 2.0.

most of the opel engines are based on the same platform "R90". so the C20NE is the older version of the T20SED and the T22SED.

if you don't plan to build the bottom end of the motor you buy then go with the T22, if you plan to build up the motor 'from the ground up' them go with the T20, you will have less trouble.

garrett
Ok, but my car is automatic, i think to make the engine/tranny swap, the idea will be to build the setup from zero, the Nubira´s tranni can be interchanged with the 2.0 tranny? Another point, it´s possible to make a brakes upgrade in this car?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

all of the motors and trannys can be interchanged, everything 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.2, soch and dohc, so you can use anything you want. with an automatic try to keep the tranny and TCU that it comes with together.

garrett
MrCrowley.

Post by MrCrowley. »

Another question, can anybody help me with information for lowering this car? Is it possible?? And if it is, what will I need?? I don´t know if exist springs or shocks for the Monza....
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

just for clarity, post a pic of your monza. i'm curious what 'platform' they were built on.

i'm sure there is another chassis that is the same as yours under a different name than Ascona/Monza like the 98 and up lanos is built on the lemans/racer platform.

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... %26hl%3Den

is yours something like this?

heres an article you might like,
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

are you a member of any monza clubs?

garrett
MrCrowley.

Post by MrCrowley. »

gse_turbo wrote:just for clarity, post a pic of your monza. i'm curious what 'platform' they were built on.

i'm sure there is another chassis that is the same as yours under a different name than Ascona/Monza like the 98 and up lanos is built on the lemans/racer platform.

garrett
This is my car. Is 88 model, 2.0 engine.

MrCrowley.

Post by MrCrowley. »

gse_turbo wrote:http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... %26hl%3Den

is yours something like this?

heres an article you might like,

garrett
No, the car of your pic is sold here under the Corsa´s name, it´s a evolution of the Monza, the mine is 88 model, here post a pic of the engine, is something like this:

MrCrowley.

Post by MrCrowley. »

gse_turbo wrote:. if i'm thinking right you have a C20NE with an F16 trani.

garrett
The mine isn´t C20NE, cause my engine is caburated, i don´t know what´s the engine´s code...