ecu flash

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

zerosilence
Super

ecu flash

Post by zerosilence »

is there a company that can flash our ecu's i dont know if it would really matter with my car i only have intake and exhaust on it. thanks
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

doesn't matter if you have lots of mods or none... an ECU flash will add HP, or could also be used to increase efficiency.
i don't know about what companies do it... if any.

but apparently, if your car has an OBD-II (OBD2) connection the ECU can be flashed through that. But if it has only and OBD-I (OBD) connection it cannot be flashed.

i myself am still trying to work a way around finding software that can do it using an ELM interface.

here are some websites that might help:
http://www.easyobdii.com/
http://www.obdii.com/
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
zerosilence
Super

Post by zerosilence »

awsome. has anyone on the forums done that to their daewoo's
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

it's a bit of a struggle to be honest.

there are several things that are needed that no-one seems to have/know about, ie: the software to flash GM ECUs in general, software that can read/manipulate the ECU flash files and ECU maps... although i do know that the interface required for most GM Daewoos is the "ELM322" - you can find these on ebay, or from http://www.scantool.net

ive got some documentation about how the ELM interface works (ie: how to use it to interact with an ECU) and there is probly enough information in them for me to write my own software, the only problem being I cannot work with a "live" model. as the only laptop i have that has a RS232/serial port over-heats and dies after 2 minutes, and i cant exactly get my main computer to the car.

ive been looking to find a second-hand ECU off ebay or something so that i can work with that... but no luck yet.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Mario

Post by Mario »

I don't think ELM322 is the right interface for our cars...

Daewoo / GMDAT (As of 2005) still use the KWP2000 protocol that is supported by the ELM323(ISO) interface.
How do I know? I got both interface at home... as my previous car was a GM.

Also, don't expect too much from that interface, look at it more like an OBDII code scanner that has the Bonus Feature of showing some sensor readings. Forget about reflashing the ECU with that interface.

On my car, I can see:
Speed
RPM
Engine Temp
Open/Close loop mode
Throttle %
Ignition Advance

Most others items show random data or N/A.