Hello to all.

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bj_2005aveoTURBO

Hello to all.

Post by Bj_2005aveoTURBO »

Hey guys, im new here.. im from the Philippines but im here now in mainland USA. i own a 2005 Chevrolet aveo LT hatchback back home.. i belong to a small car group back home that does force induction to any car, this is my first DIY car that i turbocharged and as of now its running alright, well maybe its because im only limiting it to 8psi of boost but im planning to replace its ECU with a megasquirt standalone box and maybe replace my stock head gasket with a 2mm copper gasket so i could give it a little more. So what do you guys think, will my wild project be successful if i did all that and maybe lift my boost to like 12psi?? ;)
Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Are you saying your running 8 psi on the stock ecu without any fuel management? Not a wise idea, frankly im surprised it works. Post pics to proove you do have a turbo'ed aveo. I've heard quite my share of these stories, i'm not saying your a liar but i won't really believe you until i see pics or a video.
2004 Aveo Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57
Bj_2005aveoTURBO

during construction..

heres pics during the construction, i cant post the pics of the finished project because im way over here in the USA and the car is way over back home in the Philippines but iv already asked someone to take some photos of it and maybe videos if they have the spare time to do so soon.
:D

these pics just so happens to get stuck on my camera phone..
:)

bark3ru20sed

Post by bark3ru20sed »

im new here too. I have a 2005 suzuki reno (u20sed) and have been researching turbochargers and installation for a while. I have used this website for info a little before but i decided to join. I was just about to start my DYI turbo install then cut my hand on a box cutter (workers comp. lol) and now have to wait 4 months, i cut my tendons and severed all nerves in my hand!!!!! I love our cars and hope someday they can become a little more mainstream than they are..... just little though.
Bj_2005aveoTURBO

hey bark3ru20sed

thats alright dude, eventually you'll finish your project.. i had my ups and downs when i was doing my car.. lost count how much liters of blood i lost in the process.. hehehe just be sure to post it when its done..! remember, the cars can wait, dont rush your project too much, put safety infront always.. your car wont be it without the creator and its driver... so take your time.

cheers dude!
Bj_2005aveoTURBO

Ok Mr. Nemasys heres the pictures you wanted to see and more

My 2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT turbocharged. with just 29000kms on it! DIYed by me with RS WORKE - PROJECTBOOST my team