N/A tunning 2.0L

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Repteel

N/A tunning 2.0L

Post by Repteel »

got a 2004 Chevy Optra5 with a 2.0L, I want to build up the engine abit next year, I was reading that the c20xe was suppose to have 170bhp, pistons will fit and bump up the compresson, is there anything else that will fit from that motor?? oh and here's the link that got me thinking http://www.sbdev.co.uk/History_files/Hi ... epower.htm
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

luck with your project. the XE have hi comp pistons and came with header... I'm selling a set of pistons and rod from the c20xe if you are interested they are 10.5:1 your are 9.5:1
ImageImage
Repteel

Post by Repteel »

yeah I saw them, I'll have to wait until after I move this summer before I buy too much, where would you get piston rings for them?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I suggest you use the search bar and in the advanced search options use my name ( Chris@precisionboost ) as the author.

Then do keyword searches for Underdrive pulley, mandrel exhaust, intake, dyno as I've managed to add a few ponies under the hood from very simple cheap upgrades.

The Opel X20XEV is the cousin of our motor..... they make lots of upgrades....cams, pisons, valvetrain component, intakes, headers, turbo systems and much more.

Increaseing the compression will net you a few horsepower..... also consider the fact that a 2.2L crank will fit into your block.

To be honest.... that's quite an expensive job... as custom parts will be required.

If your looking for some extra power to make your car feel fun.... do what I did and install a cold air intake, performance exhaust/mufler and an underdrive pulley.

I found a noticeable difference between stock and these upgrades.... and all can be done under $500 if you take your time and research the right products.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

you can also buy pistons from Wiseco, a set of flat top's will put you at 11.5:1 and set you back around $525 shipped for a set coated with rings and floating pins.
QED offers goods also http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8492

garrett
Repteel

Post by Repteel »

@ Chris, I was under the impression that the xe pistons were drop in parts and wouldn't need to be modded. I didn't see anything about putting in the 2.2L crank into the 2.0L, is it more durable or does it increase the stroke of the piston?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

If you were to go with XE pistons.... make sure you get the rods as well to ensure that there are no issues with fitting the piston pin.

Putting the 2.2L crank into the 2.0L block could be done... it will increase stroke.... but a custom set of rods would need to be purchased since half of the added stroke needs to be removed from the length of the connecting rod.

Let's just say that it's an expensive upgrade and leave it at that.

Unless you have several thousand dollars to throw into the engine.... I wouldn't even consider it as an option.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Oh.......... technically....... there is another crank that increases the stroke even further..... I think it was something like 101mm

This can be found inside the C24SE.... which is found in the Isuzu DMAX pickup truck in places like Brazil and Singapore.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Repteel

Post by Repteel »

Thanx Chris, yeah that sounds like alittle more than what I wanted to get into. I was orginally thinking of: the underdrive pully, lighter flywheel, higher compression pistons, sport cams with new valvetrain parts if needed, msd, better flowing intake manifold, header or having the stock iron cast one opened up some, lightened crank shaft and p&p the head while it's apart. Fuel I'm not sure about, depending on which parts I get I was hopping just to get a diffrent fuel regulator (and high test). I aimming for 150-175 whp :roll: , hopefully that would be enough to keep up with a colbalt ss non-s/c and make it fun for lap days.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Repteel wrote: I aimming for 150-175 whp :roll: , hopefully that would be enough to keep up with a colbalt ss non-s/c and make it fun for lap days.
Theres a SS that isnt s/c?

With 175whp you should be keeping up with the SS s/c. I've whooped on an SS s/c with some money put into it...of course the driver was an idiot but still...they're fast and I'm making allot less than 150whp
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Repteel

Post by Repteel »

yup there is 2 ss, ss sc 2.0L, 205 hp and ss non sc has a 2.4L which is only 171hp but should produce way more tourque because the bigger displacement, has vvt, and it being n/a
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Repteel wrote:yup there is 2 ss, ss sc 2.0L, 205 hp and ss non sc has a 2.4L which is only 171hp but should produce way more tourque because the bigger displacement, has vvt, and it being n/a
Hmm...I wounder if its the non s/c version I raced then....that'd make allot more sense.

Anyways you stand a chance against it even with the cheaper/easyier to come by upgrades. I'm postitve I'm losing allot of torque cuz I built my exhaust with plans of a turbo but took way to long to get the turbo on and changed my turbos exhaust plans anymore...anyways still my forenzas making 133tq at the wheels and 122whp. I'm sure I could get around 135whp with a tune of my SMT-6 and MSD dis-2 from looking at the afr and whatnot.

Check my post in the members section for a mod list.

Also I assume your on suzuki-forums.com but if not I suggest you go there...not as good technical info but much more to do with our car.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Repteel

Post by Repteel »

from the outside the non sc has the ls wing, 17 inch tires, missing the supercharged badge on the trunk, and missing the front and rear lips

yup kinkyllama I've be lurking here and at suzuki-forums since I got my car, I've seen you black beasty and it looks nice
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Repteel wrote:from the outside the non sc has the ls wing, 17 inch tires, missing the supercharged badge on the trunk, and missing the front and rear lips

yup kinkyllama I've be lurking here and at suzuki-forums since I got my car, I've seen you black beasty and it looks nice
Thanks! I'm anxious to see your build...you and only one other person has expressed a decent amount of intrest in doing a good n/a build. If I was sticking to my orignal goal of 200whp I'd probably sell my turbo stuff and shoot for it staying n/a....much mroe impressive than slapping on a turbo.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
logikal

Post by logikal »

Another thing I would suggest is good engine management. Kiny runs an SMT-6 which is a little hard to come by but is absolutely wonderful for our little cars. I personnally run an AEM standalone which is a great help for when the car is dynoed. Kinky I agree with you that slapping on a turbo isnt as much fun as building a strong N/A car.