Turbo Aveo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Turbo Aveo

Post by Brian5475E »

I see you guys turboed an Aveo. What was done to control the fuel and timing. Do you guys a a write up on this. Also on the Camshafts for the 1.6 is there any clearance problems with the valves and piston? Also any news on that 2.2 swap in the Aveo/Kalos. we here in the states would like to know. We want to do it. What is needed for the swap?
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
Deathwind
Junior

Intimidator

Post by Deathwind »

Everybody in Intimidator are on vacation.

So I can't tell you exact things but we used the stock ECM of AVEO to control the fuel and timing. Of course we calibrated the ECU and changed the maps and so on.

And I can't understand the question about 1.6L camshafts.

And third you have to do some improvements on the engine mounts. Because it's totally different. And you have to do the wiring the ECU looms almost all over again.

If you use just a 2.2L ECU on the AVEO the tachos and stuuffs won't work. So you have to connect the 2.2L ECUs to the stock AVEO ECU as ane piggy back aftermarket ECU.
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

how to you change the maps on our ecus ?

any rom editor ?
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Please when you can find out. What did you use to remap the aveo ecu. I know it's a delphi unit. Can you guys give me the maps for boosting. I want to turbo the Aveo, but I need to know exactly what was done to the fuel system, and how the ecu was retuned. Thanks
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
Deathwind
Junior

Intimidator

Post by Deathwind »

If you have delphi 32 bit ECU. It's impossible to remap.
But if you have siemens 16 bit ECU or 8 bit Delphi ECU , it's possible but even we had to request the remapping to other tuning service provider.
And if you want to know the maps or something like that, you have to pay so much money even more than the aftermarket ECUs like Haltech.

If you have to do it by yourself or your local tuning service provider don't know much things about Daewoo, I'd recommend you to swap the engine rather than turbo the engine or just use aftermaket ECUs like Greddy E-manager, Haltech, etc.