OK, Doesn't someone make a cone filter with NOS lines hooked

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bsharon

OK, Doesn't someone make a cone filter with NOS lines hooked

Post by bsharon »

Hi, I am having a brain fart and though I saw or read somewhere that you can buy a Cone air filter with a little nipple on the front center of the cone. Then there was a hose that you ran to your N.O.S. Is there such a thingy? And if so are they really bad for your car. I didn't think they would be too bad because it would just be a little shot to get a little more H.P. well 1 other thing.

I work for an electronics company and we use this stuff called Big-Blast. It is compressed air in a can. Also Free Spray. The big blast you can turn the can upside down and it shoots out a big cold blast. But I have done it many times and almost gotten frost bite. lol The Big blast leaves condensation. But the freez spay doesn't.

I guess I am wondering along the lines as another post I just read. Can I take the freez spray and frost up my Cone filter. I know the freez spray does not leave a wet mark because we use it to troubleshoot components. But I am wondering if the chemical that makes it cold would interfier with the Air and Gas and really F stuff up. haha
Just me thinking again.
Someone tell me whats up and be sure and tell me if I am a dumb ass. hahaha
Well Later Bro's

Brian
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i think it was a Zex nitrous kit that had the nozzle at the filter so you wouldn't have to drill into the intake tubing.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
M I N I O N

Post by M I N I O N »

Yes, the company that makes the filter is ZEX.
NOS is a company, not the actually chemical you are using. Please just say Nitrous. (Not to nit-pick but that bugs me sometimes.)
Your idea with frosting the filter wont do much of anything. You would actually be likely to get laughed at if you popped your hood before a race and sprayed a can off keyboard cleaner on your intake cone. It is basically just compressed air. When they compress the air it gets REALLY hot, but then over time the can cools down to room temperature. When it is then decompressed it gets very cold... basically the same way that an air conditioner works.
Because you are only cooling the filter and not the supply of air, it will have little effect because the contact time for the oncoming air is going to be so minimal, especially at higher RPMs, that the discipation will be very gradual (compaired to the amount of air going in)
Nitrous is your best bet. It is also very safe and very stealth as long as you know what you are doing. The 100% safe and propper way would be to use nothing but a wet system where is ads fuel while it adds nitrous so your motor doesn't lean out. It is also a very good idea to retard 1 degree of timing for ever 25hp added from nitrous. Going this route people have added DOUBLE their factory horsepower with no other mods without blowing motors in some cases. Just be careful and don't rush it. Build your set-up correctly and stay away from dry systems.
nljsrt2005

nitrous

Post by nljsrt2005 »

how much is the the system
woo
Expert

Re: nitrous

Post by woo »

NOS is also New Old Stock, like when you but new parts for a classic car etc
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
bsharon

Post by bsharon »

ok so thats cool. and thanks for not making fun of me. haha Well I call it nitrous too usually because after Fast and furious came out every one started callin it NOS. It can get very anoying. lol So thanks for the idea. I know that it is illegal to drive with the nitrous hooked up though but will be good for racing. I need more street usable Horse power first I think. lol Plus I would probably blow my engine and wouldn't be able to make it to work. I could always use that key board cleaner hooked to a hose comming out of my hood with a hose going to the cabin of my car. Then spray it on those hot days and make it look like I have Nirous with a nitrous purge. lol that would be too funny. Broom Broom Spray spray. then I drive away slow as shit! haha
M I N I O N

Post by M I N I O N »

wouldn't even look like a purge, the pressure differentual isn't great enough to make the kind of cloud that nitrous makes. What you would have is a 1ft tall spray of barely noticable gas that makes almost no sound.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well as for the filter only getting cold i would think that Zex would've made a nozzle that shot straight into the intake tubing than just a regular nozzle that would just spray the filter. not sure if it is or not. if it is a straight nozzle then it would still work. maybe not as good as one closer to the intake mani but good enough. thats my thoughts on it.

nick

M I N I O N

Post by M I N I O N »

The zex system has a nozzles that sprays directly into the intake from the top of the cone.
The nozzle points straight into the intake as you can see and never really touches the foam of the coin.
Spraying the foam might actually freeze the coins oil and restrict flow? :shock:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

you know what? i'm an idiot i read the thread before but forgot that brian said something about freezing the cone itself. my bad. :roll:
i ws thinking that you thought the zex kit sprayed on the cone. oops :oops:

nick

bsharon

Post by bsharon »

So is that Zex a wet system or a dry? I have no clue what that means. I know that you can get direct nitrous injection, but then you need to have more fuel added too. What will you have to do if you hook up one of those Zex filters? or are they just a waste of money? I understand what you are all saying about freezing the cone and I know it will not do anything now.
As for the stupid idea I had about the "fake" nitrous purge, the Big-Blast stuff I was talking about makes about a 5 foot long white cloud that looks really cool. But you are right it would not have that purging sound. I was just playing with that idea anyway.
Has anyone ever put one of those flame thrower kits on your cars? lol I noticed them on Ebay. I have seen them before and they are some really sick shit! haha Very dangerous looking though. Anyway talk to you all a little later.
Brian
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

"wet" nitrous is the ones with direct port with fuel added. dry is without fuel.

nick