Which is the best spark plug for nitrous

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubira Nos

Which is the best spark plug for nitrous

Post by Nubira Nos »

Hi I have a Nubira 98 with 50 hp of nitrous and I want know which is the best spark plug for my nubi If someone know please let me know
Nubira Nos

Post by Nubira Nos »

Thank for ask my question I really appreciate guys f-----
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

Nubira Nos wrote:Thank for ask my question I really appreciate guys f-----
:lol: what is with everyone getting pissed off when no one responds....all you have to do is just bump up the question if you don't get an answer in a few days because it could have gotten lost in the shuffle and I do believe there is a search button
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I've noticed the same thing. Thing is... we don't always have the answers... :(
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

aveosam wrote:if you don't get an answer in a few days because it could have gotten lost in the shuffle
+1.

But to answer your question
http://www.centuryperformance.com/spark.asp wrote:Conversely, a "Cold" spark plug has a shorter insulator nose and absorbs more combustion chamber heat. This heat travels a shorter distance, and allows the plug to operate at a lower internal temperature. A colder heat range can be necessary when an engine is modified for performance, subjected to heavy loads, or it is run at high RPMs for significant periods of time. The higher cylinder pressures developed by high compression, large camshafts, blowers and nitrous oxide, not to mention the RPM ranges we run our engines at while racing, make colder plugs mandatory to eliminate plug overheating and engine damage. The colder type plug removes heat more quickly, and will reduce the chance of pre-ignition/detonation and burn-out of the firing end. (Engine temperatures can affect the spark plug's operating temperature, but not the spark plug's heat range).
So try one step colder if you are getting into hassles...

--Tim
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

aveosam wrote:
Nubira Nos wrote:Thank for ask my question I really appreciate guys f-----
:lol: what is with everyone getting pissed off when no one responds....all you have to do is just bump up the question if you don't get an answer in a few days because it could have gotten lost in the shuffle and I do believe there is a search button
it is frustrating indeed but a simple bump can fix that... i have a problem with the form is that when my internet connection gets disconnected all the new posts in the forum gets unmarked and seems to be old posts and since my ISP is an ass that happens too frequent.

Nubira Nos: use on degree colder spark plugs than the ones you are running now... also a simple bump can get you your desired answer.

MMamdouh
Last edited by MMamdouh on Wed May 17, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
klonek78
Junior

Re: Which is the best spark plug for nitrous

Post by klonek78 »

Nubira Nos wrote:Hi I have a Nubira 98 with 50 hp of nitrous and I want know which is the best spark plug for my nubi If someone know please let me know
You cannot use platinum plugs with NOS!!! (don't know why but all NOS installators will tell you that)
The best are yyridium.
DAEWOO NUBIRA II 2,0turbo (K04+2,5"exhaust tuned with SMT7) CDX WAGON 222222km so far :)
350KM@470Nm by GT28RS+N2O coming soon :D