psi boost system

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I hate to tell you this but using compressed air and compressed oxygen is an idea that's been around for more than 60 years!

The Germans experimented with all kinds of stuff like this way back in WWII ..... If it was feasible for use in the industry it would allready be in use.

I'd like to believe that your telling the truth about this testing but I just can't see how you could bring the intake temperatures up to a reasonable level that would allow the gasoline to vaporize.

Since you seem to be involved in this project I would love to see some hard core data on intake temperature, intake density and flow rates.

I'm sure that if it's real you can give us a few more details.

Hmmm.... like for example.... how do you get the gas into the intake tract ?

If it tees into the existing intake how do you keep the air from following the least path of resistance (back out the air filter in reverse) ?

If you use a "check" valve how do you keep it from creating a huge resistance when the car runs in it's regular mode?

Here's another good question..... how do you control the flow rate.... since it's constantly changing you would have to open your flow valve in response to changes in throttle response.

There are two major variables.... throttle position and RPM.... so unless you have a computer sampling that data and have it open and close a very expensive flow valve your going to hit pockets of lean and rich AF ratios as the car acclerates (which could lead to power loss and or detonation)

A turbo flows in direct proportion to the exhaust flow so it controls it's output naturally.

A supercharger is run off a belt driven system so it also changes flow rates as you increase in RPM (since the compressor section turns faster as you increase in RPM)

Well enough questions..... I have to head home ...... sorry if you feel I've been rough on you.... I've been in a bad mood lately (really busy at work)
get sideways

Post by get sideways »

no thats fine and I learned that I can't create an actual patet for the idea because it has been around already but it doesn't mean I can't make them and sell them.
okay here goes this system cannot be used like a traditional turbo it can't be run constant which is obvious because there isnt enough volume to run your car on for more than 5 minutes but perfect for a few runs down the
1\4 strip,,,this system has also been completely cobbled together so we didn't test intake temps and air density ,rather we bolted it on an old piece
of crap and crossed our fingers as you said a check valve is being used on one car the other two use a manual closing door via a cnc machined
''box'' by means of a lever it seems to work better than the check valve unless you aren't concerned about the way it runs without boost the only time the system would be operated is at full or near full throttle and a traditional blowoff valve is utilated
i agree that it isn't fail safe but it has worked so far
for tanks 2 we used scuba dive tanks one holds nearly 4,000 psi but can only be filled at a dive shop
the other 1 tank was just a tire filling 5 gallon tankhooked up to a regulator and then a two stage boost controller the key to all of this is to keep the tank pressure from dropping too much from its original pressure
otherwise as you said it will vary too much the test cars are as follows
94 integra gsr
87 subaru wagon (field beater)
my 04 forenza
all are holding up well under boost sorry its late any more questions please post em
yes its mine no you can't beat it
04 forenza
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Again....I'm going to be honest with you..... as a manufacturer I know quite a bit about Liability and insurance.

You could end up with some major lawsuits for something like this.

If your device blew an engine you would be held responsible even if you made the guy who purchased it sign an agreement that waived all rights with respect to engine damage.

Don't get me wrong, if you had a signature from the guy you would probably win in court but it would cost a pile of money to defend yourself.

Most big companies would simply give the guy a new engine to avoid court (or give them money) but I'm sure this is something you couldn't afford.

Liability insurance would be high if an underwriter came in and looked at your product...... unless you have an engineer to sign off on the design and you've done major testing you will have a hard time convincing any insurance company to give you a policy.

Imagine if your device ended up being the main reason behind a street racers death.... you could face jail time if the device was sold without proper engineering and testing. ( or at the very least they take everything you own and bankrupt you )