Supercharger for 1.6 from GM Maybe!!!!!!!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Supercharger for 1.6 from GM Maybe!!!!!!!

Post by Brian5475E »

Read this link. Looks like GM has already put a supercharger on the 1.6

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_gm_readies_aveo/
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

If they decide to market the supercharged version of the Aveo, then many Lanos drivers may decide to add this to their cars, too.

I have a spare Lanos 1.6 engine that needs to be rebuilt, and I may end up deciding to build it for performance. The option of adding a supercharger would be welcomed.

Cliff
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

103hp? Is this before or after the supercharger? I gotta tell you guys, 103hp ain't squat. Now, the idea of building a 1.6L engine and then supercharging it may not be a bad idea. As much as I hate Hondas, their 1.6L engines have a lot more potential than 103hp. I can't wait to see what is done with it.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

I think that supercharger was just built for the Aveo Extreme show car seen at SEMA, I wouldn't get my hopes up to high to early.... GM is known for eye candy at shows and let downs at the dealers lot. :roll:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

scourge wrote:103hp? Is this before or after the supercharger? I gotta tell you guys, 103hp ain't squat. Now, the idea of building a 1.6L engine and then supercharging it may not be a bad idea. As much as I hate Hondas, their 1.6L engines have a lot more potential than 103hp. I can't wait to see what is done with it.
103 is stock on the Aveo; if you read the article, it said "The concept will feature a supercharged adaptation of the production model?s E-TEC II 1.6L DOHC 16-valve 4-cyl. engine, which delivers 103 hp at 6,000 rpm". They did not word this very clearly, but it is meant that the engine is 103hp that they began with before putting on the supercharger.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

103hp? Is this before or after the supercharger? I gotta tell you guys, 103hp ain't squat. Now, the idea of building a 1.6L engine and then supercharging it may not be a bad idea. As much as I hate Hondas, their 1.6L engines have a lot more potential than 103hp. I can't wait to see what is done with it.
good enough.. 103 hp N/A isnt much and yes the honda 1.6l do have more.... but on the other post about the making of the 1.6 ecotec 4 it was originally tested at 150hp N/A,

now.. if i remember correctly the honda 1.6l is running at 110hp now for 04 the new 1.7l is pushing out 100 to 127 hp N/A and if you ask me thats not saying alot. the honda civic si 2.0 @ 160hp is a start but the only real thing honda gots going for them is the Acuras because all the engines produced for those cars are over 150hp and as soon as my woo is finished im going to drop in a B18c 180hp N/A into my g/f's 91 CRX

daewoo might not have alot going for them right now but i would just give it time with all the new Gm cars comiing out there will soon be tons of parts and shit you can do!!
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

Ah, that wasn't very clear but 103hp stock makes more sense. After putting on a SC and still only getting 103hp is :shock:. 103hp plus the SC should yield much better results and put the Daewoo 1.6L more into Honda territory.
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

... honda... aye i liked em before... fuck em now lol

the difrence between my lanos 1.6 and my m8's 1.6 civic coupe is like 2 mm... and he has a powerbock atm i got nothing.... so errr i changed my mind about the honda engine... ok there are more hp versions but those are tweaked engine.... so if i tweak mine i get same thing tbh... also i run on 205/45R16 he runs on 195/50R15 if we would swap tires i would win ... so same preformance :p
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Even if GM puts on a supercharger I bet they won't surpass that magic 148bhp number since it was the highest level which will keep the engines reliability intact.

I would be guessing the horsepower numbers for the SEMA car to be in the range of 140hp.

The great thing about a supercharger is that you just have to change the pulley diameter to get more power.

They aren't as efficent as a turbo but I'm sure you could manage some decent power at 8-10 psi.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Just talked to a parts guy at a chevy dealership on my route. they are coming out with the S/C it won't be for a little while, but it's the basiclly the same kit for the caviler. even if it is 150 hp, that's a good amount for acar that weighs 2250lbs
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

whats the ratio of pimped civics to pimped lanos's. be smart, be unique, screw honda.
dk1706

Turbo Upgrade

Post by dk1706 »

Ok I know the Chevy Aveo Xtreme is a concept with a supercharger. Now is a superchrger and a turbo the same thing?

Also I was looking at the 1992 Isuzu Impulse 1.6L Turbo, would this turbo assembly fit on a Lanos? Is there an easy way? What would work?

I love turbos!!! :roll:
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Supercharger and Turbo is NOT the same thing
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

scourge wrote:put the Daewoo 1.6L more into Honda territory.
I would have worded that a bit different... sounds like you wanna emberrass your car
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Turbo Upgrade

Post by daewooluvr »

dk1706 wrote:Ok I know the Chevy Aveo Xtreme is a concept with a supercharger. Now is a superchrger and a turbo the same thing?

Also I was looking at the 1992 Isuzu Impulse 1.6L Turbo, would this turbo assembly fit on a Lanos? Is there an easy way? What would work?

I love turbos!!! :roll:
A friend of mine is selling a mint Impulse AWD Turbo. Let me know if you're interested. I think he's lookin' to get around $2-$3K for it.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com