Daewoo Supergharger on Ebay

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

oh their is a part missing here... Zikas has one of those on his car and he controls it by a switch so he can go racing with the thing turned off... my question is abut this sepacific case when you are revved up to 5000RPM with the SC off... i am sure it will restrict the intake a bit, OK the fan will rotate due to the air movement but still it will cause restriction in this sepacific case... right?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

right, it's not gonna make a huge difference i don't think, but i could be worng :?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

if its the electrical SC one you guys are talking about it will just hurt the power. even though you turn it on, the car will suck in air faster than that fan can spin. so its just a waste.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Audacity Racing
moron

lanos2001 wrote:if its the electrical SC one you guys are talking about it will just hurt the power. even though you turn it on, the car will suck in air faster than that fan can spin. so its just a waste.

nick
there are exceptions to the rule... but it's as expensive as a turbo system so you'd be better of that way
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

I agree with you

quote="lanos2001"]if its the electrical SC one you guys are talking about it will just hurt the power. even though you turn it on, the car will suck in air faster than that fan can spin. so its just a waste.

nick[/quote]
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i think in this case if this thing to be effective it should be able to supply more air than the engine can suck in... i mean if the engine can take in more air than the SC can supply then the SC is just a restriction in the way of air going into the engine.

on the other hand if the SC can push more air than the engine can take then the SC will create boost and its work will be reflected on the power output of the engine... right?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

i guess the problem comes in that you have to create an electric blower with an efficiency near that of a true supercharger... where energy is wasted to create energy.

when you convert everygy between forms you lose some of it to the transition...

kinetic (engine rotation) ---> kinetic (blower rotation) = :D

kinetic (engine rotation)--->electrical (generator/alternator) ---> kinetic (blower rotation) = :(

if it wasn't for the energy loss there, it might be a good idea... (but it's not)
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I say lock this stupid thread. It has been proven

ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGERS DO NOT WORK. THEY ARE JUNK!!
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

Yes they are all crap.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Audacityracing wrote:look at the gain from resonator removal... it wasn't very much. i'd be wlling to bet that the sound and knowing you took it out made you think it was more than was actually there

really though... an intake won't give more than 10hp and that's being nice :lol:
Resonator removal? What does this change about the sound? (though probably nothing on my car since I have an OEM muffler and it doesn't make much noise at all). What benefit does a resonator have?

Not trying to get off topic really... just that it's come up and I think it's been established that this supercharger doesn't do much if anything for ya.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the resonator makes your intake quieter, and restricts the air flow, and yes it woll make a differencin sound, i have a GHETTO ass cai and its sounds good (no resonator)

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!