Need Low Comp Pistons

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woo_sleeper

Need Low Comp Pistons

Post by woo_sleeper »

Hey guys been a while since ive been on, hope allz well. well ive turbod my car, ran in to a turbo manifold prob cz i made it from metal lol but its stainless now :) so no probs any more, im runnin 7 in the day on 92 oct and 9 psi at night and on track 12 psi 95+ oct i have reached on 9psi to 124whp , i wanna raise my boost so i wanna know is theres any opel low comp pistons that can be used in the 1.5 sohc or any other car brand that i can use cz i wanna raise my boost , i wanna try and hit 200hp, im now changin my rad and gettin a bigger oil cooler and tranny cooler, changin again my fuel pump and still dnt know if ill need to add injectors , so if any1 can help plz let me know cz i dnt wanna order custom pistons will be too expensize
, thanx again guys good to be back
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I couldn't find any low compression pistons for the 1.5L..... but there are ones as low as 8.6:1 for the 1.6L

I think the 1.5L uses the pistons from a 1.4L so if you check around for the European 1.4L pistons you might get lucky.

The 1.5L pistons have a 76.5mm diameter.

Oddly enough my Mahle catalog doesn't list a 76.5mm piston... it shows the 1.4L (X14XE) having a 77.6mm diameter.

Hmmmm.... that's odd.... I swear the 1.5L was just a combination of the X16XE bottom end (crank) with the X14XE pistons.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You could allways get a custom head gasket.... I know Tom @ 360D can get Cometic gaskets in any thickness.

I don't know how much you need to drop the compression but I would imagine that it shouldn't be too hard.

You might need an adjustable cam gear to move the gear back to the position it should be (since moving the head upwards with the thicker gasket will cause the cam gear to rotate a few degrees )

I can't remember what my 1.5L SOHC pulley looked like.... if you have a picture perhaps Tom@360D might be able to hook you up with an adjustable cam gear. (he's been doing lots of research on adjustable cam gears lately.... so he might be able to help you out )

You would need to count the teeth on the gear as well as measure the outer diameter.... and you would need to get a picture of both the inside and outside of the gear.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote: Hmmmm.... that's odd.... I swear the 1.5L was just a combination of the X16XE bottom end (crank) with the X14XE pistons.
i belive that too as i finally found out that while discussing the stroaking of the 1350CC engine to 1500CC issue.

woo_sleeper i think it is going to be hard to find low comp. pistons for that engine as i hardly belive that their was serious projects to turbo that engine as it is a small engine after all.

i guess a better option will be swapping a 2.0 into your car then start turboing it and i am sure you will find loads of performance parts for it as far as internals are concerned.

my 2 cents.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

if u can't get low comp. pistons, get a thicker head gasket, that will drop the comp
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

*BUMP*

Any luck on finding forged components for the 1.5 SOHC? I guess we could always get them custom made.....

In the future id be interested in some lower compression forged pistons and connecting rods. Anyones guess as to the psi we'd run on forgies though :twisted:

--Tim