Turbo And SuperChargers

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

cielo20

hi

Post by cielo20 »

The c20xe engine was designed for turbo so it will withstand the boost (even the pistons as they are forged items) but to play safe i would stop at 9psi on the standard 10.5 comp ratio of the xe engine.
python235
Junior

ok

Post by python235 »

now i got around 12 results on turbo and C20XE
Funny enough
-6 say its designed for turbo
-6 say it will explode the engine up even on low boost!!!
SO what do u guys think, i really want it now since a GOLF R32 and i kept on the same speed and line for so long till we reached 180 KM where my speedometere stoped counting :P but now i want it taken down SO turbo next , SO SHOULD I or find alltrenates like electric water pump and cold air intake and a BANGER system ?!?
VX
cielo20

Re: ok

Post by cielo20 »

python235 wrote:now i got around 12 results on turbo and C20XE
Funny enough
-6 say its designed for turbo
-6 say it will explode the engine up even on low boost!!!
SO what do u guys think, i really want it now since a GOLF R32 and i kept on the same speed and line for so long till we reached 180 KM where my speedometere stoped counting :P but now i want it taken down SO turbo next , SO SHOULD I or find alltrenates like electric water pump and cold air intake and a BANGER system ?!?

as i got hold of an let exhaust manifold i will soon tell you if it explode or not! but if there was the slightest chance that it explode i wouldnt be doing it !

here they do that all the time! they turbo charge everything! and they still dont have problems!
python235
Junior

ok gr8

Post by python235 »

when u do it and see the boost and results i might just go after u and do it!
hope its true and works
VX
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

cielo20 wrote:
as i got hold of an let exhaust manifold i will soon tell you if it explode or not! but if there was the slightest chance that it explode i wouldnt be doing it !

here they do that all the time! they turbo charge everything! and they still dont have problems!
how many psi of boost are u planning to run?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
cielo20

Post by cielo20 »

how many psi of boost are u planning to run?[/quote]

I will be running 9 psi boost as it is very safe (you can go up to 14psi (1bar and still dont break the engine) This way the engine will give you 11bhp for every 1psi of boost (as you have 10.5 comp ratio) so thats 99bhp!

The only things that need to be changed are the con.rods bolts (change to arp ones)
If you want more boost then you have to change the h/gasket to a ticker one to drop the comp.ratio to about 8.5!
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

9 psi @ 10.5:1=Boom!
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Brian5475E wrote:9 psi @ 10.5:1=Boom!
Not really... today i was reading on a Turbo magazine... about an RSX Type S... stock internals (10.5:1) with an HKS turbo kit... made +176 WHP over the stock setting... at 15 psi
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
cielo20

Post by cielo20 »

Efrain A. wrote:
Brian5475E wrote:9 psi @ 10.5:1=Boom!
Not really... today i was reading on a Turbo magazine... about an RSX Type S... stock internals (10.5:1) with an HKS turbo kit... made +176 WHP over the stock setting... at 15 psi
Brian you would be surprised with the ammount of boost they give stock cars here! We have diesel cars (2 ltr toyota turbo from the carina) that run 12.3 1/4 runs! and all they modify is the diesel pump (bigger pump and change plunger) so where dop you guess the power come from!
They give them up to 3 bar (42psi)+ a shot of nos on the standard engine! This abbuse is even used on ford 1.8 and isuzu 1.7 turbo diesel engines!

Standard cars here are given shots of 75 nos regularly (on standard internals) and never had trouble!

The rule is not to exagerate with the boost or nos!
A shot of 75 is the limit a car can take in nos ( i would stop at 50 shot for safety) (althou it took a 90shot nos to make an ibisa 1.4 ltr start to rattle!!!)

Only one of my friends had problems with his fiesta 1.8 ltr engine ,but for a good reason! as he ran well over the limit!

1.8 Turbo

Twin tubo :1 t2.5 for low end boost : hybr t3/t4fot top end
100 shot of nos

and the only things he changed in the engine were the pistons!
But he still destroy a piston every time!

So on a standard engine you will have no PROBLEM running 9 psi mate!!!
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

you see, diesel is alot more forgiving than gas. you can high boost on high compression and not worry about detonation. while on gas, you will blow your engine sky high. the big trucks you see on the road with turbos use diesel, 1, for its ability to produce very low end torque and the diesel fuel's resistance to detonation with high comp. they run about 11:1 comp. on slightly high boost.
got drift?
cielo20

Post by cielo20 »

debo890 wrote:you see, diesel is alot more forgiving than gas. you can high boost on high compression and not worry about detonation. while on gas, you will blow your engine sky high. the big trucks you see on the road with turbos use diesel, 1, for its ability to produce very low end torque and the diesel fuel's resistance to detonation with high comp. they run about 11:1 comp. on slightly high boost.
No i refer to cars running 22:1 comp with 3 bar boost and nos! so it wouldn't be much forgiving if it should be giving problems! But it works! :D
Deathwind
Junior

huh?

Post by Deathwind »

Huh? Is c20xe's compression ratio is 10.5:1.
You are saying of leganza or Magnus 2.0L right?
I thought it was 9.5:1
cielo20

Re: huh?

Post by cielo20 »

Deathwind wrote:Huh? Is c20xe's compression ratio is 10.5:1.
You are saying of leganza or Magnus 2.0L right?
I thought it was 9.5:1
yes the leganza and the magnus are as you said 9.5:1 but the 20xe engine has 10.5:1! :D