t25 how many different kinds are there if any?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

t25 how many different kinds are there if any?

Post by lanos2001 »

well i've been looking online for a t25 turbo and i've seen a few that look different. is there any variations of this turbo and if so will they all have the same flange or bolt pattern?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Yeah as far as I know some come in Saabs, some come in Eclipses/Talons/Lasers... at least in the US.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Big P

Post by Big P »

The Pontiac Sunbird GT turbos came with a Garret T 25 turbo from the factory. Also, the Pontiac GTP came with one also, however I think that it is referred to as a T 28 but it still has a T 25 exhaust flange.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

no i'm not talking about what cars it came in. even though its nice b/c a couple of them i didn't know about. but when i look at a couple of them they look different in size or something. but i'm guessing as long as the flange says t25 then it'll fit on the mani's from 360?

nick

woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

lanos2001 wrote:no i'm not talking about what cars it came in. even though its nice b/c a couple of them i didn't know about. but when i look at a couple of them they look different in size or something. but i'm guessing as long as the flange says t25 then it'll fit on the mani's from 360?

nick

hey bro wat T25 u lookin for heres a list of most T25's
Nissan T25 - there are many different variations.

A CA18DET T25 is not the same as a S13 Silivia SR20DET T25, which is not the same as a 300ZX T25....
However, there is only one type of DSM T25, so you don't need to clarify that one.

wat kinda mani do u have, or r ya gonna still get, im using a garrette T25 .48, .49 on my 1.5 SOHC, its nt bad but alotta ppl have told me to go w a Tdo4 or T28
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

okay so there is a difference. well 360dynamics might come out with a turbo manifold with the t25 flange so i'm guessing it would be for the dsm's b/c thats the most common i guess.

nick

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

the T25 from the eclipse is a very cool turbo, it has almost zero lag on a friends 1.6 dohc (ZC engine) honda civic.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
MickeyX

Post by MickeyX »

this might sounds like a dumb question but can you put any kind of turbo on any car? (ofcorse keeping in mind that it fits)
Gorbi
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

MickeyX wrote:this might sounds like a dumb question but can you put any kind of turbo on any car? (ofcorse keeping in mind that it fits)
I wouldnt think a really small one maybe made for a 600cc motorcycle would work on a 2.0... Or maybe one made for a 5.0 would every give any boost on a 1.6
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

yeah yeah.. with all that turbo/engine size matching sorted out and engine bay space etc, etc... is their an internal combustion engine that can not be turboed?

i think the answer will be no... all engines can be turboed, thats a doable job the trick is to fine tune that job... right??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Yes you can turbo charge any car, just need an appropriate engine swap if there's no space in the engine comparetment.