Project Turbocharged T22SED has begun!!!!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Big P

Project Turbocharged T22SED has begun!!!!

Post by Big P »

Well, I got the engine from Tom at 360 Dynamics. Let me be the first to say that Tom is an EXCELLENT person to deal with. He will really bend over backward to try and help you out. If you haven't dealt with Tom yet YOU NEED TO!!! He's the real deal. Anyway, I am in the disassembly phase right now. I just ripped it down to the short block tonight. The resemblance to my old sunbird 2.0L OHC block is astounding. So, with some careful preperation and planning and a lot of dollars, I should hopefully get around 400-420 HP with this engine running on about 25-27 PSI of boost. All forged internals, head work, no expense will be spared. As I make more progress, I will keep you posted.
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

nice, this is an awesome project!
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Great!! And what car is all that going into?
Big P

Post by Big P »

AcingTeam: It's going into my sunbird. The little 2.0 that was in it before was just too weak. Once, I bought(and still have) all the parts to do a factory turbo conversion but haven't gotten around to it yet. Mostly because I have been secretly planning this daewoo swap for some time now, probably about a year of so. Anyway, the short block on the sunbird went bad so I bought a new short block on ebay for $300. When I put in the new short block, I also put on the newly rebuilt turbo head that I had lying around because the head that's on the car now was ported by me(and I don't think that it helped any, probably made it worse) and I wanted to get it off the car. I'm just tired of all these Hondas and Acuras down here. I will be driving home from work, and I get all these kids trying to get me to race. My car is not fast in any way, except around corners :D
Gsi 16v Turbo

Post by Gsi 16v Turbo »

I'm just tired of all these Hondas and Acuras down here.

Me too.... :D :D
M.Ladwig 2.0 EcoTec 1.400ps -7,65@202,02+7.12@189mph world records FWD!
ImageImage
680whp