Nitro for a C20XE

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

python235
Junior

Nitro for a C20XE

Post by python235 »

Ok the C20XE is running great gave us 212 HP and the seller was like LUCKY ME since we had a deal if it goes less than 210 ill give it back and he will pay for a turbo engine ! anyway !
the compresion in that thing is HOT but i would like to know IS IT POSSIBLE to put Nitro in it or would i be REALLY PUSHING THE LIMIT, the problem here is i dont know about the internals that has been changed so we are going to have to guess since the engine is pushing >210 HP since its origanly 175-> does anybody know about NITROing IT
?!??!?!
VX
Gsi 16v Turbo

Post by Gsi 16v Turbo »

If you don't have enough informations about your motor you must not put the nitro.C20XE original has 150 ps exept some C20XE from S.Africa.Find out the compression ratio and what else is changed at your motor.If it is 210ps it must be changed also the programm of the ECU.It has the stock mamagment or it is changed?I think that you have the stock mamagment from the fotos i saw.With stock managment i dont think that you have 212hp.What cams do you use?
M.Ladwig 2.0 EcoTec 1.400ps -7,65@202,02+7.12@189mph world records FWD!
ImageImage
680whp
python235
Junior

the managment

Post by python235 »

the intake IS COMPLETLY STOCK and the ECU is chipped but i dont want to open up the engine because its new and i dont want ppeople here messin with it! so u advise not to try a small nitro sip until i know everything
?
VX
python235
Junior

the prob

Post by python235 »

the main thing here is I NEVER SEEN A c20XE so i cant tell what was changed but from pics IT LOOKS STOCK ! ! ! but from what it does ITS WILD!
VX
Gsi 16v Turbo

Re: the managment

Post by Gsi 16v Turbo »

so u advise not to try a small nitro sip until i know everything

YES.There is danger for detonation......
M.Ladwig 2.0 EcoTec 1.400ps -7,65@202,02+7.12@189mph world records FWD!
ImageImage
680whp
python235
Junior

detonation

Post by python235 »

detonation, lovely word :P
my car is so hot it blew up :P
ive seen cars do that before
so di u know a way to know what my internals re WITH OUT OPENING?
do u think anal scoping with a car might work :P
VX
MMamdouh

Re: detonation

Post by MMamdouh »

python235 wrote: do u think anal scoping with a car might work :P
yeah sure... just stick it in the exhaust pipe and you will see everything. :lol:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Big P

Post by Big P »

When you say that you have HOT compression, I assume that you mean high as in 10:1. All I have to say is that high compression motors LOVE nitrous because when you spray nitrous into a high compression engine you are doing a few things......

1. High compression engines create more compression(obviously) and thus more heat.

2. This increase in heat increases cylinder pressures.

3. The nitrus, when it is sprayed in the engine goes from a liquid to a gas. When this happens, the nitrous comes out at about -100 degrees.

4. This has a TREMENDOUS effect on reducing the heat in the combustion chamber, which decreases cylinder pressures MOMENTARILY.

5. Once you drop the cylinder pressures and temperatures, you can add more air (which the nitrous is doing) and fuel (which you have to find a way to add)

6. At that point the cylinder pressure and temperature start to go back up. But he offset is like icreasing the displacement of the engine by about 30-40%.

NOTE: That for every 50 horsepower of nitrous that you use, you need to RETARD your ignition timing by 2 DEGREES MINIMUM!!! ie. a 100 shot would need at least 4 degrees of igntion retard. I would, however, recommed that you wait until the engine is broken in (rings have seated and gone through the first oil change/3,000 miles) before you spray it.