intercooler question

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

casey

intercooler question

Post by casey »

if i were to put an intercooler in my 2001 lanos without turboing it, would i get any hp gains from my current set up (short ram intake)?
woo
Expert

Re: intercooler question

Post by woo »

no
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
casey

Post by casey »

damn, i would have thaught it would have been similar to a cold air intake system...
so without turboing the vehicle, there is no way to recieve any hp by intercooling.... how would i go about making a turbo manifold?
is there a specific type of shop i would need to go to?
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

How would intercooling help a N/A engine? A turbo forces hot compressed air through the intercooler, cools it through the fins, and it goes into your TB in the form of boosted air. How would a N/A engine be able to force air through an intercooler? if you where thinking of just leaving one end open, then the restriction of making your engine pull air through an intercooler would drop HP quickly.

They do have "intercooler" ram air kits, which is a intercooler looking cotton gauze filter that fits in your bumper. But that works bad too, and wouldn't fit your Lanos without some custom bent pipes. For best sound and performance just go with a full Ram Air Intake running to your front foglight.