Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: 1.5 Turbo project

Post by PrecisionBoost »

woo_sleeper wrote:hey guys here are some pics of my project

Looks good.... nice to see someone taking some initiative on the 1.5L

What model of turbo did you end up using?

Is it just me or does it look like the spark plugs are allmost touching the exhaust manifold ?

Perhaps it's just an optical illusion.... it's hard to tell.

How are you going to modify your plug set to avoid the massive head from the manifold from damaging your wires??
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

woo_sleeper wrote: hey MM thanx for pointin out that for the guys and i hope u'll c hange ur mind when u see the finished product, i didnt wanna make it a carbon copy of max's one i wanted to make it a bit diff even thu i like his a lot more :lol: as for the head light i will be using the projector ones i made untill the custom ones are dome they will also be projectors but ill make it a bit better and maybe w angel eyes
can't wait to see pics of the car when it is finished... good luck with your project.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

hey Adam i also noticed you relocated both cooling fans to the front of the radiator... make sure they are spinning in the opposit direction or else your car will overheat.

also Erfinder is right about those spark plug cables... they are way to close to the exhaust manifold.

keep us posted with the progress on your project and good luck.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Any updates??

MMamdouh
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

hey guys, i got a semi prob, i have everythin installed and hooked up except the intercooler , reason Y ? is cz when i took a test run i found my oil pressure at start up at 75 and when i accelerate it would reach 90 and more and when warm would drop to 50-60 and when i accel it would go to 75-80 i knew right away somethin is wrong so i checked the turbo compressor outlet and found some oil drippin from it :cry: no wat im thinkin is my pressure is too high now the feed i have if from the stock oil pressure senor , i just T'ed the pressure send unit and oil feed from it now guys help me out on this plz :roll: now i was wounder maybe i can ristric the pressure but w wat can i do it ? or if u guys now somethin better plz help me out again thanx guys
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i am not a turbo expert but that sound like a leaky gasket or so rather than too much pressure. that turbo was rebuilt...right?

MMamdouh
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Dont know about the oil pressure switch.

If the turbo is leaking oil - check the gasket on the oil return - and also check that the seals in the turbo are still good.

As an alternative (if oil pressure/oil feed is the problem) you can use a sandwich adaptor on the oil filter and T off the return hose - works perfectly. Just make sure everything is tight so u have no leaks :)

--Tim
Me

Post by Me »

off topic a tad but what did you use for fuel managment, anyone else w/turbo that would be great
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

no leaks in the turbo or the return line nor in the feed
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Fuel Management for me is a 1:1 Malpassi Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator using standard injectors.

With 6psi from a TD04 on the 1.5L, my setup works fine with stock computer. I do have some 2L Nubira injectors to go in so i can reduce the fuel pressure a tad.

--Tim
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

woo_sleeper wrote:no leaks in the turbo or the return line nor in the feed
so you'r saying you got no leaks whatsoever... tis only an oil pressure problem...right?

maybe you are using too thin oil... OK you might be using the same oil you have used for years but now the turbo is adding too much heat to the oil and making it thinner than usual.

try some heavier oil and see what will happen... again this opinion is from a guy with very little knowledge on turbos so...

BTW: didn't you have an oil cooler?? i remeber i saw it in your pics on cardomain.com... did you install that? if not try using it and see what will happen.

MMamdouh
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

Guys theres oil commin out of the turbo from the outlet compressor when i go up to 4,5-6,5 rpm , and the pressure jumps to 80 -100 psi wat can be causing this
-=Exiled=- Chris

Post by -=Exiled=- Chris »

very nice bro, now just get us some video!!!
subachad

Post by subachad »

Autometer part number 3277 -
NITROUS / FUEL RESTRICTER
3277 - Restricts pressure spikes and excessive pressure fluctuations

Drill out the hole just a little bit when you get it, but it should solve your oil leakage problems. The turbo only needs a tiny bit of oil and you are getting gobs of oil.

Chad
Check out my site at www.uniquemotorsports.com