Do these work at all???

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

yellowfivedoor

Post by yellowfivedoor »

:shock:
this reminds of an idiot i heard about that thougt::::

running his a/c through a duct hose and into the intake would give more horse power :(
i guess he was going for the cool air=better performance thing
lol
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

theoretically the colder air will contribute more power to the engine... but practically you alrady lost some power by turning the A\C on :lol:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

That would even itself out. -5 HP from parasitic loss due to AC, +5 HP from intake. Ain't that a waste of time.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i would say you loose more than 5 hp,, has to be about 15hp
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You lose 15 HP just from running AC :?: :!:

I always thought you lose like only 4-6 HP, even on large displacement American cars.

Damn, if thats true, that bastard is off of my car tomorrow!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

WooHoo wrote:i would say you loose more than 5 hp,, has to be about 15hp
I'm pretty sure woohoo is right here. Every time I have AC on, it feels like I'm loosing at least 15hp. On my V6 Ford Contour though, I could not even notice if the AC was on or not.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

In my car when the AC is i its annoyingly sluggish. Even my moms ford expedition (8cyl. 300hp?) is noticable with the AC on
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

ok, i know these things are supposed to be a gimmic, but why is this one $619US. http://www.electricsupercharger.com/supereram2.php

Also is there a way we could build one useing a boat blower or something?? I need boost even if its just 1psi!!!!
Stay in control with Hankook's weather...or not technology.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Ok, I know it works now.....but whats the price you ask....a mere 57amps!
And read this Qusetion they have on their site...what a joke. You'll blow your alternator in a week.

12. Does the e-Ram put a large drain on the alternator?

Answer: No, the max current draw is 57amps for the e-RAM, and 114 amps for the Super e-RAM. This is as much as a high powered stereo, headlights, electric radiator cooling fan, or the starter motor on your car. Most car batteries with over 200 cold-cranking amps can handle draws of over 100 amps while the engine is running with no problems. We have even tested the e-RAM and Super e-RAM on motorcycle electrical systems with no problems. The e-RAM generates up to 15 hp gain from drawing over 1hp (791watts) directly from the battery. This has been verified on the dyno and with Volt Meters and Amp Meters. Charging systems work base on voltage drop of the battery, so the burden of the current draw really depends on the condition of your battery. Most batteries in good condition see very little voltage drop for short duration current draws of 57 or 114 amps for 10 to 15 seconds (full-throttle operation of e-RAM).
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

guys this thing doesnt do shit its a scam it will make so much restriction it will melt in time and blow the little elec motor , i know a guy who tried it on a neon and the damn thing didnt do shit !!!! be ware of SCAM :lol:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

also check the crap parts list on the general - off topic sectoin... the damn thing is on the top of the list.

MMamdouh
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Hmmm... very interesting. Guys, check out the videos section. But it's soooo loud, it's gotta be illegal. They state it provides 1.7psi and the other version is 1psi.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Guys its only producing 1psi of boost. Look at the amp rating of the fan. A fan with that much current draw could create that much boost. So saying it wouldn't work because you already have an opinion on it is wrong. This technology has potenitial, but it requires huge amount of current that normal electric systems can not provide. This is not the ebay one....look at the price.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

so it provides 1.0 or 1.watever psi boost yet i have to change my alternator in a month or so due to the extra load on it... how can that be effecent??

MMamdouh
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Its not. It would blow your alternator. However if the voltage could be bumped up to lets say 120v through the fan instead of 12v (these are all going to be rough estimates) The current would only need to be 5.7 amps for 1psi and 11.9 amps for 1.7 psi instead of 57amps and 119amps. If we could switch the power from dc to ac throug a power inverter we could possibly find 120v fans that could come colse to the power output we need.

(amps x volts = watts)

-Alex