Turbo Lanos?!@

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exiledlanos

Turbo Lanos?!@

Post by exiledlanos »

Hey Im new to the board, and I thought i would ask a quick question.

A Turbo Lanos?

Possible?

You guys tell me, becuase my 01 lanos hatch needs to be able to keep up with the v6 sports cars around my town

Ty

eXiLeDLaNos
tango

Post by tango »

You name it, there's a Lanos out there with it. Trust me. Firstly, let me confess that I have never seen or heard of a turbo LANOS at this time. But I have heard of a supercharged one...Behold the Daewoo Lanos Howler from Australia:

Howler

Then there's a turbocharged Cielo (the car the Lanos replaced in certain markets), this one below is also from Australia:

Cielo

There's a guy named Chad who's been planning a turbo project on his Lanos for quite a while (he recently got some more bits, but hasn't installed it yet)

I am also in that group. I have a Cielo and have quite a few bits (see my thread "Got tha parts".

If you want to boost your Lanos, go right ahead. Just bear in mind that internal upgrades aren't sitting on every parts store this side of the world, so keep your boost moderate. My advice. Good luck.

(PS: Thanks to our Webmaster Maniac for the Links above....Muchos Gracias Amigo!)
Last edited by tango on Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito ergo sum...
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

well tang, there're some videos of a turbo lanos in poland

here's the link: http://daewootech.net/videos.htm

sorry for the images but thats and old site i had, ill try to upload those to this one...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
tango

Post by tango »

Oh...those pics worked when I just put them up!! Oh, well..no prob...as you can see I've modified the post...took the pics off...put up the link instead. I really need to find a good host site!! Thanks Maniac!
Cogito ergo sum...
exiledlanos

Post by exiledlanos »

Thanks for the advise.

ive been looking at my engine time and time agian and there are some remarkable similaritys to a 1.6 dohc honda engine.

u guys wouldnt know if the 99 and the 01 lano's parts are interchangable?
tango

Post by tango »

One of the things that's good about companies like Daewoo is that they don't rush to change stuff all that much. Especially on things like engines and trannies. Matter of fact...parts of my 1995 1.5L sohc will fit your 1.6L dohc...slick huh? So I would bet my last dollar that yes..the 99 and the 01 parts are interchangeable.
Cogito ergo sum...
exiledlanos

Post by exiledlanos »

Thanks, cuase i kinda like the body kits on sharkracing

i just need to wait for some goverment money now *Taxes* :twisted:
D4Damager

Post by D4Damager »

I am installing a turbo as well :D :twisted:

tango! I got a TD04! Hey its a start :)
2002 Daewoo Lanos, Red, 3 Door Hatch
1.5 SOHC
tango

Post by tango »

Great!! Did you get that turbo from the Saab? I know that they did use TDO4s at one point. I tell ya the 900 is a great donor car...not too much boost, good size intercooler, etc.
Cogito ergo sum...
frank-pr-daewoo-#1

TIPS FOR MAKE A 1.6LANOS TURBO

Post by frank-pr-daewoo-#1 »

tips- if you want a little more power on a 1.6 lanos, a nubira 2.0lt trothelbody only need a small mods to fit,nubi injectors,and open the intake manifold and eliminate the flapers, that can help you if you make a lanos 1.6 :twisted: TURBO :twisted:
gti_7

Re: TIPS FOR MAKE A 1.6LANOS TURBO

Post by gti_7 »

frank-pr-daewoo-#1 wrote:tips- if you want a little more power on a 1.6 lanos, a nubira 2.0lt trothelbody only need a small mods to fit,nubi injectors,and open the intake manifold and eliminate the flapers, that can help you if you make a lanos 1.6 :twisted: TURBO :twisted:
when you say eliminate the flapers? you refering to the 4 butterflies? are they really stealing power?

Bernard
tango

Post by tango »

Well Bernard, I've heard the mechanics at my dealer swear that the Lanos is hte most sluggish KLAT chassis of the lot. The variable manifold does cause some restriction if you think about it. Toyota had a similar system a few years ago, called T-VIS (Toyota Variable Intake System) on 1st generation 4AGE engines (arguably one of the best 4 cylinder engines ever built) as did Audi (on the first gen A6/100 2.8 12v V6). The idea behind Toyota's system is to block air flow to four of the eight intake valves so increasing air speed into the cylinder (Bernoulli's Theory for all the Physics buffs like myself) and improving mid-range torque. Audi's version operates on the principle of actually having 12 intake runners of two different lengths. At low engine speeds the longer pipes create more torque and improves responsiveness. At higher engine speeds the shorter runners create more power. I'm not sure how Daewoo uses their variable system, but either way there will be some kind of restriction. The decision therefore to do away with the flaps will cause a loss of something, obviously. If it's like T-VIS then you will lose mid-range torque, and if it's like Audi's system then you will perhaps be getting air coming in through both runners at the same time.... (:idea: hehehehe....interesting....)...but that will only be a gain if the computer doesn't read that as a fault and shut the car down...only one way to know for sure though Bernard...grab your tools and try it...good luck.
Cogito ergo sum...
frank-pr-daewoo-#1

Post by frank-pr-daewoo-#1 »

on my lanos 1.6 2001 i eliminte the flapper,put a ram air behind rh foglitgh
put a nubira 2.0 injectors and put a lanos 1.5lt computer, yes a 1.5 sohc :!: ,the diferent was wonderfull,i run with other lanos stock and we note the diference , in the 1/4 mile my best was 17.01, that with this mods only
and my friend stocklanos was 17.8, the distance beteewn us was like 1 1/2 to 2 cars,i'mnot the best andfaster lanos :roll: but imnot the last in the races :lol: ,my lanos have a stock exhaust system, stock ignition system wires, sparkplugs and dist coil,the other guy tell the true about the vggs (flappers)but i see my littler trick working an the track and the street :lol:
gti_7

Post by gti_7 »

:shock: :shock: wow.. a 1.5 sohc ecu? wow! im glad to hear that hese mods work.. even more suprised that the sohc ecu works with the bigger injectors! :D About your 1/4 mile times. would you have the MPH for yours and your friends? are you a hatchback or sedan?

O honestly thought the flappers were a good thing. you see the modifications for 4 throttlebody injection systems in europe, i figured they were a good thing, and i wanted to convert over eventually to that set up.. guess not.. not with these intake runners atleast..

I would like to thank you for the listings of mods you did.. get inspiriation! :D :D
Bernard
tango

Post by tango »

Well Bernard, the "flappers" aren't throttle-bodies...that's why you don't see the same improvement. The are basically valves that block off sections of the intake manifold. Multipile throttle-bodies work under the concept of allowing more air into the manifold.
Frank...must give you your props for going out there and finding stuff out...trying stuff...experimenting...it's people like you who move a brand forward on the road to automotive superiority. A true pioneer! Keep it up dude.
Cogito ergo sum...