how to dohc

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rinsclassic

how to dohc

Post by rinsclassic »

hi im new to daewoo's and i have a australian 98 lanos 1.5 sohc. i have read that nexia 182 put a dohc head on his car and i want to the same.
i have searched but cant find any info on what model car the head needs to be off and other things like what parts need to be from donor car, will i need a different ecu or will the standerd one work with bigger injectors i messaged nexia 182 but it seems he is not around here any more. so can someone help or lead me to a conversion guide thanks great forum by the way.
wolfsreign
Expert

Re: how to dohc

Post by wolfsreign »

dont take all my thoughts for sure, but you would need new ECU b.c of different sizes and everything. though all the connectors Should be the same
then a new head+camS, Sprockets for intake and exhaust, new belt, new head bolts, valve cover, valve gasket, head gasket, i want to say a new crankshaft too, but idk for Sure.
but thats the basics.
from the piston heads up.
might need a new CPS, also thermostat. hoses from the intake fuck... i wanna say new manifolds too since ur going from a sohc to dohc, so im sure both will be way different. and a new EGR.
too much, basically a new engine. hahaha
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

a friend did the same on a 1.5 SOHC here in cairo

basically your donor engine will be either a 1.5 DOHC or a 1.6 DOHC as both heads are the same and both fit the 1.5 block (the 1.6 block is merely a bored 1.5 block)... you will need the following parts from the donor engine:

1- head with all valves, lifters, cams, cam gears and both intake and exhaust manifolds
2- alternator shroud
3- crank shaft pulley
4- full timing belt cover kit
5- spark plug cables kit
6- cam cover kit
7- VGIS system with all vacuum lines
8- alternator belt
9- breather pipe from head to oil pan

you will have to buy the following:

1- full timing belt kit (belt + 2 tensioners)
2- water pump for the DOHC engine
3- DOHC head gasket
4- spark plugs for the DOHC engine

you will not have to change the ECU as the ECU you got has a pin for triggering the VGIS... you just need to hook that up and the VGIS will work fine but i recon with 108 to 110 HP ratings for the A15DMS you will surly need front brakes upgrade from the 236mm rotors to 256mm rotors.

the project is doable... but based on the prices here it was as expensive as swapping in a 1.6 DOHC so when the tine comes i will slap in a full engine rather than parting two engines... unless i could get a full 1.6 really really cheap to get all the parts i want.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

you have to change ecu, water pump, timing belt, alternator belt , you can use the same injectors, the swap actually is very easy and u may feel a lot of difference!! :D
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER