BOOST CONTROLLER...HELP

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Aquilless

BOOST CONTROLLER...HELP

Post by Aquilless »

Am looking for a good boost controller that is not super high price , going on a td04 for my 1.5 woo ^^
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

what are you looking to spend? I would be willing to help out on the price, at least getting it to you under retail price.

if you are really not interested in spending the money, the best bet may be ebay, no guarantee's tho

Garrett
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

im using boost controller of ebay, like us20 dollars.

works very good!!!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

actually that brings up a good point. are you wanting a manual boost controller or a digital controller?

if you are wanting a manual boost conroller you can use any type of needle valve or shut off valve for an air compressor. that would be like $5.00
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Manual boost controllers are the cheapest....... turbosmart one works ok.... should be able to find them on ebay. However, electronic boost controllers are much better at controlling the boost and have many more features.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Aquilless

Post by Aquilless »

Well depends i would like to be sitting in the car and control the boost but if its more then 400$ well going under the hood will have to do
biondi

Post by biondi »

Aquilless wrote:Well depends i would like to be sitting in the car and control the boost but if its more then 400$ well going under the hood will have to do
I'm using in-seat manual boost controller.
And it is just USD10 in ebay...
Simple and convenient, try it.

And, as far as I know, needle valve or shut-off valve itself cannot be used as boost controller.
If disassemble manual boost controller, you can see a metall ball and spring, and breather hole.
And boost is controlled by adjusting spring rate when breather hole is fixed, or adjusting breather hole when spring rate is fixed.

If there is no the metal ball and spring as a needle valve or shut of valve, boost pressure just marks peak point
and come down to actuator-hold pressure soon.