Finally got some more pics of my car

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

Finally got some more pics of my car

Post by daewhorider »

So after turboing the lanos some re-used head bolts had made my head gasket blow from the extra pressure. Pissed off and out of luck i went to daft art and myself some arp head studs and a cometic mls head gasket. After driving and testing the car runs unbelieveably no more burnt oil smoke or wierd smell i finally got it right. So i went and took some pictures and they are on my car domain page there pics of the studs the gasket the car the engine, everything. So now just as an update 6 hours after the foto shoot ni was working and driving around and holy shit i think my trans fell out the bottom of the car. I pulled over and got towed home and now 2 days later after cooling off i went to figure out what is wrong and it waS NOT the trans thank god but just the drivers side cv joint. ill keep you guys posted with whatever else i manage to break.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

very nice pics, i's a good thing that it was just the CV, did you do the test I mentioned or was it obvious from just looking at it?

Garrett
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

gse_turbo wrote:very nice pics, i's a good thing that it was just the CV, did you do the test I mentioned or was it obvious from just looking at it?

Garrett
lol in a sense yeah i put the car up on one side and moved the wheel side to side only to hear metal grinding and slipping after further inspection the only thing holding my axle to the trans was my boot.... my cv was permanantly exterminated, i then put it up on the other side to make sure trans is ok and now the front of the car is floating in the air an inch or so but the transmission is still top notch. Regardless im probably gonna pick up the other transmission from the pick and pull to have on the side....you can beat 75$ for a full manual transmission with the axles, clutch, shifter, and linkage......not to mention the free ecu..... So it looks like im gonna get that high pressure clutch and save the swap till next summer or when my auto trans finnally gives up (hopefully in won't) cus working on a car in a garage that is 20 degrees ain't too much fun and i think you can relate being in colorado. Oh and lol believe it or not the cv was under some sort of warranty so they are replacing it for free.... good thing i kept the car at home because if they saw the turbo i dont know how good the warranty would be....lol
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car