Engine Compatability

Are you looking for something? Let the people know. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM

Engine Compatability

Post by poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM »

I have a 2000 Daewoo that was given to me around Christmas time and the Engine blew last month. I've been looking for a engine but the prices are 1100.00 - 1500.00. I sank $800.00 into this car already because I was told that it was just the gaskets/heads and now I'm told that I need a engine. I'm a single mom with 2 teenagers no support and I don't have that kind of money so I was wondering if maybe there is a engine that is compatible with the 20000 Daewoo Leganza. HELP!

Thanks,
Peggy
I have a 2000 Daewoo that was given to me around Christmas time and the Engine blew last month. I've been looking for a engine but the prices are 1100.00 - 1500.00. HELP!
Thanks,
Peggy
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Engine Compatability

Post by daewooluvr »

poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:I have a 2000 Daewoo that was given to me around Christmas time and the Engine blew last month. I've been looking for a engine but the prices are 1100.00 - 1500.00. I sank $800.00 into this car already because I was told that it was just the gaskets/heads and now I'm told that I need a engine. I'm a single mom with 2 teenagers no support and I don't have that kind of money so I was wondering if maybe there is a engine that is compatible with the 20000 Daewoo Leganza. HELP!

Thanks,
Peggy
Look on www.car-parts.com for an engine.

I just picked up an engine with only 4000 miles on it for $575. Just have to look.

What happened to the car that you need a new engine? I'd get a second opinion if I were you. Alot of places don't want to work on these engines and might just be trying to take advantage of you.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM

Engine Compatability

I looked on that website and found that it was ranging from $850.00 - $1500.00 and not where I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida.

I was on the highway the oil light came on (just had an oil change done on it) and within a few minuets she ran hot and started smoking from the drivers side under the hood. I immediately pulled over had someone come and look at it and they found a oil/water mixture with a pastey substance. I was told that it was the gaskets so I had all that work done, had the heads done and installed. They started the car up and noticed that it still had the oil/water mixture so now I'm being told that a Engine is needed.

You actually found a engine for your Daewoo @ $575.00, what year is it?
I have a 2000 Daewoo that was given to me around Christmas time and the Engine blew last month. I've been looking for a engine but the prices are 1100.00 - 1500.00. HELP!
Thanks,
Peggy
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Engine Compatability

Post by daewooluvr »

poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:I looked on that website and found that it was ranging from $850.00 - $1500.00 and not where I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida.

I was on the highway the oil light came on (just had an oil change done on it) and within a few minuets she ran hot and started smoking from the drivers side under the hood. I immediately pulled over had someone come and look at it and they found a oil/water mixture with a pastey substance. I was told that it was the gaskets so I had all that work done, had the heads done and installed. They started the car up and noticed that it still had the oil/water mixture so now I'm being told that a Engine is needed.

You actually found a engine for your Daewoo @ $575.00, what year is it?
It's a 2000 Lanos.

You said this happened right after you had the oil changed? Did they forget to put the oil pan drain bolt back in?
It sounds to me like they should be liable.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i wonder if coolant got in your engine like with chris from daewootech.net?
oil/water mixture with a pastey substance

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM

Engine Compatability

Oh my gosh... I never even thought of that. Thanks for the info I'll check into that one right away.

And I'll check on the website everday, if you had that sort of luck maybe I can too.

Thanks for all your info.

Peggy
Thanks,
Peggy
poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM

Engine Compatability

I had 3 different people come out to look at the car and someone did mention that it was coolant/oil. The mixture was in the coolant reservoir and on the one side of the car.
Thanks,
Peggy
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

did it look milky? if it did then it was coolant/mixture then.

nick

poobryant!@HOTMAIL.COM

Engine Compatability

It was a pastey substance, light brown. I had the engine, radiator, and oil pump flushed. The gasket and heads were changed out and once it was started up I had the same results, so now I'm being told that there is a crack in the engine.
Thanks,
Peggy
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

did you take it to a daewoo service department? if not then thats where you need to take it. i'm not sure what the web address is to find one but i'll look unless someone else puts it up here first.

nick

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You might be able to find a decently priced engine but installing it will also cost a fair bit.

It's unfortunate that you don't seem to know any reliable "honest" mechanics since I have to wonder about the whole "crack in the engine" thing.

For $800 what did they do to your car??

If all they did was replace the head gasket they were really screwing you over.

If they replaced the cylinder head and the gasket then it wasn't a bad deal.

If the engine was smoking your cylinder head is probably very severly warped and the piston rings are probably shot (which would require some significant engine work )

The 2.2L Leganza engine is harder to find than the 2.0L and your average mechanic might charge a pile more for swapping in a 2.0L into your Leganza. (even though it should be a very simple swap)

I was just checking out EBAY to see if there are any cheap Leganzas in your area and I noticed a guy you put a 2.2L into a Nubira (which normally has the 2.0L )
Snail

Post by Snail »

Mine might fit!!! Wanna swap? :P :roll: