T20SED/T22SED Engine block (suited for manual)

Are you looking for something? Let the people know. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Snail

T20SED/T22SED Engine block (suited for manual)

Post by Snail »

Does anyone have one that i can purchase? And willing to organise postage to Australia? Of course I'll pay postage...

Cheers!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Are you just looking for just the block or the whole engine???

When I say "whole" engine I'm wondering about whether you need wiring, sensors, alternator, starter and all the extras that typically go into it.

What kind of mileage is ideal for you?

What would you be willing to pay for a turbocharged T22SED crate engine ( with forged goodies inside ) running about 275hp at the crank?

What would you expect for warranty on such an engine?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Would you have any interest in a "practically new" C20GET ( 2.0L 8V Turbo ) running about 220hp at the crank and 230lb ft of torque ??

The 2.0L 8V could be purchased for significantly less than a turbocharged T22SED or T20SED.

It's even possible that a "practically new" C20GET could be purchase for less than a used T22SED or T20SED.
Snail

Post by Snail »

Sorry, i wasn't aware that further clarification was necessary :)

- I need an engine block only. No internals are required, nor peripherals, just the block itself. However if you have an engine and dont want to part it, then depending on how much you want for it, it may be an option that I'd take the entire engine.

- It doesn't matter whether it is from a t20 or a t22 engine, as long as its suited to a manual transmission. (they're slightly slightly different, saves hassles to get the right one)

- Mileage in this case does not matter whatsoever. Condition doesn't really matter, provided the block is in one piece, and the engine mount bolt holes are in a relatively usable state (ie not rusted to the point of unrecognition)

- I don't want a force-fed engine. The reason I'm after this engine is to produce a N/A monster. If i were after a force-fed engine, I'd opt for a more readily available CA18DET.

- I understand that the C20GET would be easier to get, as it is an older engine than the relatively new T20/22SED's, however as mentioned I don't require a force-fed engine. That, and I could modify my current engine to similar specifications as the C20GET, which isn't half as fun as an entire engine conversion IMO :D. And I've got a thing for 16V rocker-covers :lol:

Cheers :)
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

How much are you willing to pay?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Snail

Post by Snail »

I dont really know...

See I want one so I can see if the engine will fit in another car, and so far pictures haven't helped me at all in trying to find that out. So I dont want to go forking out hundreds for something that just might end up as a paperweight :shock:

At this stage, the maximum I would pay for just the block (no internals etc) would be around $200, then with whatever the postage costs are on top of that...

But hey if you've got one and want to work something out then we'll have a chat :)
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

I have one but its an 8v, ill dig around locally to see if i can get you one.

BTW, in what car are you planning to install it?

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Snail wrote:I dont really know...

See I want one so I can see if the engine will fit in another car, and so far pictures haven't helped me at all in trying to find that out. So I dont want to go forking out hundreds for something that just might end up as a paperweight :shock:

At this stage, the maximum I would pay for just the block (no internals etc) would be around $200, then with whatever the postage costs are on top of that...

But hey if you've got one and want to work something out then we'll have a chat :)
www.car-parts.com
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well if your not wanting the internals (or cylinder head) then I'd go for an 8V since it will be readily available and significantly cheaper.

Basicly the T20SED is the same block as the C20XE,C20NE, C20GET, C20LET,X20XE and so on.

If your just after the block I'd go for Efrain's parts since he's much closer to you than I am so shipping should be significantly less.

Besides.... if your looking to go N/A you'd want to get the 16V Coscast Head from the XE models.... they flow much better than the stock SED 16V heads.

Price wise I think $200 is fair without the cylinder head.

What car do you plan to stuff it into??
Snail

Post by Snail »

Thankyou for your suggestions :)

I currently have a Nissan pulsar, (otherwise known as a nissan sunny, or a holden astra). It's stock engine has a GM family II engine block, which has got me thinking of other engines that share the same block (or similar) and the possibilites of engine transplanting. I'm aware that just because different engines share the same family block, it doesn't necessarily mean that it'll just fit into another car. Hence my endeavor to find out :)

Erfinder, your suggestion of using an 8V block to me is a little questionable. Unless I'm mistaken (which if I am please feel free to make sure i know it :lol: ) the 8V blocks carry no provision for the timing setup of the 16V variants. I don't know how different 16V blocks are to the 8V blocks, as i haven't had the opportunity to compare any. So for all i know, the mount locations could be quite different. And are you sure that T20 blocks are the same as the ones you mentioned? I hope so, as that would open up my possibilities a great deal and hence make things much easier :)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have a T20SED, T22SED, C20GET, C20NE in my shop and I can safely say that the T20SED and C20GET have the same mounting holes all the way around.

Timing and stuff like that are external bolt on parts so if you recieved an 8V block you would need to order all the parts for the 16V block.

I would buy a cheap 8V block.... test fit it and then look for a complete C20LET engine if it works good.

So the Nissan Sunny and Holden Astra were the same car??

What year are you talking about??

I thought the Nissan Sunny came with the Nissan SR20DET (2.0L turbo)

The SR20DET (2.0L 16V turbo) and C20LET (2.0L 16V turbo) share the same bore and stroke but they are definitly completely different engines.
Snail

Post by Snail »

Fantastic, I'll definately opt for a C20GET or C20NE block just to test fit. Thanks very much :D
Would you have either engine that you could part off? If not, completely understandable :)

And some pulsar trivia:
The different model pulsars are denoted by N10, N12, N13, N14, N15 and the latest model N16.
N10's are the old Datsun Sunny's (for those who know what they are)
N12's are commonly known as the ET turbos (83-86)
I doubt that other countries got the N13, but its the 87-91 pulsar. This model was shared with Holden, and hence became both the nissan pulsar and the holden astra.
The SR20DE equipped pulsar you've mentioned is the N14. The SR20DET engine only came in the rally version (which sucked in WRC) which was later produced for the consumer market, and called the GTiR.
N15's are known as almera's or primera's in the UK and other countries. They came with the SR20DE, not sure if they came turbo in other countries. (PWN10 Avenier comes to mind, I cant remember though)
The N16 is just a boring family car, nothing special in comparison to the other models.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Snail -> PM sent.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hmmm.... this is an interesting development.... I wonder what transmission it had hooked up to it.

So you have an N13?

Which engine did it normally come with??
Snail

Post by Snail »

Sure do :) I love em!

N13's have the F18E, a 1.8L 8V inline 4 cylinder engine. Commonly known as the 18LE, which mated an F16CR gearbox (5spd manual).