Red Aveo5

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

aveosam
Junior

Red Aveo5

Post by aveosam »

Mods:
Custom true Cold Air Intake
Custom front upper strut tower bar (center piece needs to be replaced with an aluminum piece)
17x7 Force SC1's (possibly to be changed to 16x7 or 17x7 lightweight rims)
Custom gauge lighting and red gauge needles
Painted calipers and drums

Near future mods:
Custom door sills (all sanded just needs painting)
Black headlight housings with tinted front turnsignals
Rear strut bar and tie bars to go with the front strut bar

Future mods:
Lowering springs- my choices are 16x7's with H&R 1.5" drop or stick with 17x7's and get Apex springs for a 1.4" front and 1.2" rear drop
Custom Conversion to 4 wheel disc.- using rear discs from a civic si hatch or integra gsr
Powertrain swap- 2.0L turboed U20sed, manual transmission, and ecm from a forenza
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Very nice. :) I agree about going to the 16's... You'll see better performance if you find the right ones.
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

JohnnyC wrote:Very nice. :) I agree about going to the 16's... You'll see better performance if you find the right ones.
yea i know, but i wasnt thinking performance when i bought these lol :( wish i had becuase I would have bought 16x7's
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

aveosam wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:Very nice. :) I agree about going to the 16's... You'll see better performance if you find the right ones.
yea i know, but i wasnt thinking performance when i bought these lol :( wish i had becuase I would have bought 16x7's

I like the car!! Good clean job!

If only more people did the Kalos up here in Australia!

Nothing screams pimp more than 17s or bigger on the small hatches :lol:

I feel your pain though - they kill performance :( 16s for the win!

--Tim
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

Lowered...
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

is that a custom strut bar on the front? i looks like it would be really easy to make.... nice car btw

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

daewoomofo wrote:is that a custom strut bar on the front? i looks like it would be really easy to make.... nice car btw
yea it is. no one in the N.A. makes one for the car so you get tired of waiting and make your own aftermarket. It was ok to make, dont need to be an expert but you might want to have a good eye to make sure everything is symetrical and lines up
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

hmm can you guess what this is for?

Yea thats right I am starting my summer turbo project....but I am not forgetting about the engine swap but rather putting it off til after the warranty ends...plus it was my dads idea to turbo the 1.6L and we have the connections to get parts cheap and easy and I do believe he is paying for most of the parts so I will have money to save for a 2.0L engine, manual transmission, and the clutch pedal etc. For a header we are trying to get a d16/15 header from a crx to modify to fit the engine and a turbo....all the piping will be customly done by my dad and myself and thats about it for now
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

groovy

look under DomWoo posts for some info on the d16 turbo manifold that fits on the 1.6 16v
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

You sure putting a turbo on it won't void the warranty?
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

:lol: not if i take all the stuff off before i take it back, plus we know our dealer. so thats the plan if anything goes
aveosam
Junior

new wheels

Post by aveosam »

alright to go with my turbo this summer I am going to get some lightweight wheels to let me extend my power. I am going to go with 5zigen PN01R-C's.....but the delma is what size to get...i was all for getting 16x7's (which weight 14lbs w/o tires) but then I saw this mincooper with 17x7's (which way 15lbs w/o tires)
and I am afraid since the rims look a size smaller then they really are because of the style that the 16x7 will look too small...any opinions? also if anyone has any pictures of that style rim in 16's on a hatch....let me know!!!!! :D
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

aveosam wrote:hmm can you guess what this is for?

Yea thats right I am starting my summer turbo project....but I am not forgetting about the engine swap but rather putting it off til after the warranty ends...plus it was my dads idea to turbo the 1.6L and we have the connections to get parts cheap and easy and I do believe he is paying for most of the parts so I will have money to save for a 2.0L engine, manual transmission, and the clutch pedal etc. For a header we are trying to get a d16/15 header from a crx to modify to fit the engine and a turbo....all the piping will be customly done by my dad and myself and thats about it for now
nice where did you get that intercooler and how much?
T18SED Engine.

kinkyllama
Expert

Re: new wheels

Post by kinkyllama »

aveosam wrote:alright to go with my turbo this summer I am going to get some lightweight wheels to let me extend my power. I am going to go with 5zigen PN01R-C's.....but the delma is what size to get...i was all for getting 16x7's (which weight 14lbs w/o tires) but then I saw this mincooper with 17x7's (which way 15lbs w/o tires)
and I am afraid since the rims look a size smaller then they really are because of the style that the 16x7 will look too small...any opinions? also if anyone has any pictures of that style rim in 16's on a hatch....let me know!!!!! :D
Are you going with all black? If so 17s wouldnt hurt. Black makes things look smaller than they are.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

rr__kroz123 wrote:
aveosam wrote:hmm can you guess what this is for?

nice where did you get that intercooler and how much?
I found it in my dad's garage attic...so it was free but its all custom made, the way I like it