My Lanos

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

woozor

My Lanos

Post by woozor »

Hi all new to the forums,

Heres my lanos (its dirty should of cleaned it but meh its raining atm :P) feel free to offer some oppinions on mods that will be well suited to the car thx :D

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

well hello and welcome.

where abouts u from?
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
woozor

Post by woozor »

Hi, im from Uk down in Kent.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

woozor wrote:Hi, im from Uk down in Kent.
same ere mate. i live in tonbridge, except when im at uni i live in canterbury.
where in kent u from?

ps: can i interest you in a local cruise/car club (that im a member of aswell) http://www.KentUniCarz.co.uk we've got a big meet going at the end of the month.
woozor

Post by woozor »

Im from margate, down canterbury alot of the time in the pubs ;)
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

ah, just round the corner from then lol

well if you wanna come along to the kentunicarz meet (it's not strictly for members, anyone can join) here's the details:

Saturday 31st Jan, starting around 7:30PM - 8:00PM (i will be there at 7:30 sharpish cos i have to be there before "my crew" from tonbridge appears lol)
In McDonalds carpark along Sturry Rd. (opposite the road from PCWorld and the new Halfords)

it would be good to see another Lanos alongside mine ;) cos so far im the only person with a daewoo on there.

also, the kentunicarz lot and loads more other people regularly meet along Herne Bay's seafront, altho not so much when its really cold, cos that sea breeze gets to ya! lol
woozor

Post by woozor »

KK nice one m8 for the info ill try and get down there for that on the 31st. Popped down canterbury today as it goes was trying to get some new mirrors m3 style, but chaucer cars was no help at all.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

try motorworld in maidstone, (if ur up for the drive) they've always got a variety of M3 type mirrors - yes even the fake-carbon look ones lol. but the plain black plastic ones are only £20. i think you might be able to order them online at www.motor-world.co.uk aswell.
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

woohoo another uk member
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

woozor

Post by woozor »

Rodd1s wrote:try motorworld in maidstone, (if ur up for the drive) they've always got a variety of M3 type mirrors - yes even the fake-carbon look ones lol. but the plain black plastic ones are only £20. i think you might be able to order them online at www.motor-world.co.uk aswell.
I might pop down maidstone tomorrow then and check motorworld out. with the mirrors ill need a base plate wont I, will they have any instock, as ive come to find out if u want anything for a lanos the usual response is "lanos" no one makes anything for lol.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

yeah, evrywhere says they dont make anything for a Lanos, but some places do, all of which are online or overseas... the rest is universal parts.

here's a few places i know that do good bits n pieces for the Lanos:
http://www.europerformance.co.uk (all available performance parts for the lanos)
http://www.gtec.com.pl (polish based, but relatively alrite prices postage and some really good body styling parts)

as for fitting the mirrors... there's a thread somewhere in the how-to section i think that shows how someone else did it before with minimal bits available. will try n find it for ya.
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

very nice lanos!!!!!!!!!!

welcome
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

you should hose down ur engine bay, to get rid off that dirt :)

nice lanos mate cheers! ;)
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

here's the link for the mirror install how-to: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7663
woozor

Post by woozor »

Nice one cheers. Hows it work with the base plates, is it just order a set of lanos base plates and any universal set of mirrors will fit on or is there specific base plates built for specific mirrors?