My top quality 1.5L Lanos - progress photos 16-DEC-06

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

racer95 wrote:this car is complete.i cant say anything not good.but the spider is giant.perfect interior.but what i hated in this interior is the absence of RPM.u cant do anything.
Spider? What is spider?

I had a tachometer and shift light for rpm, but i learnt how to shift properly from the feeling of the car now.

--Tim
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Hah! Saw you today! :P 5.20pm, tryin to get into Supercheap Dapto. ;P

Heard the car and I'm like ooh... oh wai!

So now you've seen how beat up my shitbox is. :(
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
racer95
Junior

Post by racer95 »

i think the real name is spoiler.its named here in my country spider.
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

It wasn't me - i was never there... :smt028 (she's smooth but needs the kadett kit! ;) )

I like calling the wing a spider!!! Yes - my spider is enormous - like a surfboard on the back! Helps keep the back sturdy.
--Tim
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

Very Very nice man Damn, nice and clean. 8)

If I were you I would put a Tachometer too. :D
T18SED Engine.

Nubira2.2
Expert

In my opinion ...

Post by Nubira2.2 »

The turbo project is great and i am glad you made it.

It is a dream for many of us

I prefer the Lanos Sport Body Kit (or even stock body kit)

and 16" Rota Circuit8, Konig Hellium or 5Zigen rims

FOR ME your car is ugly and if you bring that car to Puerto Rico it would be the joke of the year.

If it is Turbo it better be fast otherwise it would be a waist of money. It hurts to see 1.6 n/a engines eating your ass

Just my opinion

Anyways your car is your mirror, if you like it that way B happy
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
ubuyau
Expert

Re: In my opinion ...

Post by ubuyau »

puerto_rico_nubira wrote: FOR ME your car is ugly and if you bring that car to Puerto Rico it would be the joke of the year.
Why would it be a joke? Im not sure i understand - unless this is the standard daewoo bashing that we get?
puerto_rico_nubira wrote:
If it is Turbo it better be fast otherwise it would be a waist of money. It hurts to see 1.6 n/a engines eating your ass
That doesnt happen... Its certainly a quick car - not V8 killer but quicker for sure! My kit is very basic and low boost, im not sure id call it a waste of money... id probably say its the best money I ever spent!

--Tim
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Tims daewoo rocks man no doubt bout it, so obviously you dont know what your talking about, i suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself in the future.
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

I'm not willing to offend but that's the kind of body kits I dislike the most. That huge wing at the back is rice to me, and the chrome wheels... I have ever hated chrome wheels...

Anyways the car is yours, if you like it that's all that counts.
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Joso wrote:I'm not willing to offend but that's the kind of body kits I dislike the most. That huge wing at the back is rice to me, and the chrome wheels... I have ever hated chrome wheels...

Anyways the car is yours, if you like it that's all that counts.
Ahhhh rice - i understand now! Yes it is a little ricey like that, but is the kit THAT over the top to be considered rice?

Chrome wheels - they dont do anything for performance and they are heavy! but the mirror finish is too good to pass up.

--Tim
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

I have decided that you're driving me to Falls Creek tomorrow for work because the Vectra is in getting the front bumper put back on.

Or something.
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

cpd wrote:I have decided that you're driving me to Falls Creek tomorrow for work because the Vectra is in getting the front bumper put back on.

Or something.
That'd be an awsum drive, but in totally the wrong direction for my work :lol: I'd more than happily do it on the weekend though 8)

What's there at Falls Creek? Its ultra rural!

--Tim
Nubira2.2
Expert

Re: In my opinion ...

Post by Nubira2.2 »

ubuyau wrote:
puerto_rico_nubira wrote: FOR ME your car is ugly and if you bring that car to Puerto Rico it would be the joke of the year.
Why would it be a joke? Im not sure i understand - unless this is the standard daewoo bashing that we get?
puerto_rico_nubira wrote:
That doesnt happen... Its certainly a quick car - not V8 killer but quicker for sure! My kit is very basic and low boost, im not sure id call it a waste of money... id probably say its the best money I ever spent!

--Tim
The joke of the year, the right word is ricey

Maybe the standard daewoo bashing that we get is because of it, doing ricey things.
Here in PR i see ricey Lanos like with huge bodykits, hood scoops and all of that.
Besides we are slow from stock many of us do ricey things to our cars
Not good for our reputation.

Here in DAEWOOTech there is a guy with a black lanos he has pictures of it in his signature and man that is an
example of a good lucking lanos, my friends that have Honda's NISSAN's all running low 15 sec to 13 sec N/A
will say that it loock good

I say the thing about Turbo because i have this expirience...

I was in my friends stock Honda Civic EX 95 and in our side wasa Hiunday Accent Turbo
The guy wanted to race us and my friends say no ( you spec that a turbo car will win againts a stock n/a)
I say race him what do we have to loose ?
Rolling in second gear, they started the accent was in our side, from the moment he put third gear the accent was going back, The civic beat the Accent for about 3 cars

I understand that your Lanos runs faster that any other Lanos 1.5

I have a question for you ... do you have taken it to a Dyno or Drag RaceWay ??
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

chris2511 wrote:Tims daewoo rocks man no doubt bout it, so obviously you dont know what your talking about, i suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself in the future.
Wanna race me hu?

I know what i am talking about
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

Opinion is like arses, everyone has its own.