Here it is finally

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gtwoo'd

Post by gtwoo'd »

Its running off stock internals, when the microtech ecu was being tuned and boost set, the techs said there was no pinging and should run fine, haven't had any problems yet, but will watch it closely
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

thats pretty nice man good job....i think i remember obsessing over this car for a while
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

lanos2001 wrote:9psi!!!!! on stock internals or forged? hopefully not stock or i hear a BOOM!!!! in the near future.

nick
i am begining to think that the "6 - 7 psi limit on stock internals" is under rated for our cars... you see this car is running at 9 pssi, the turbo 2.0 nubira we had was running 9 psi and the turbo 2.0 nubira wagon from poland is running 12 psi for the past 20k kms so i guess 7 psi is too much on the safe side compared to what the stock internals can really handle.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

MMamdouh wrote:
lanos2001 wrote:9psi!!!!! on stock internals or forged? hopefully not stock or i hear a BOOM!!!! in the near future.

nick
i am begining to think that the "6 - 7 psi limit on stock internals" is under rated for our cars... you see this car is running at 9 pssi, the turbo 2.0 nubira we had was running 9 psi and the turbo 2.0 nubira wagon from poland is running 12 psi for the past 20k kms so i guess 7 psi is too much on the safe side compared to what the stock internals can really handle.

MMamdouh
A lot of it comes down to the tune. If the AFR's, timing, EGT's are all good then we should do pretty well.

Don't get caught up too much about how much "psi your running". A lot has to do with the sizing of the turbo and how much air it flows. By sight that T25 looks pretty small on both compressor and turbine housing sides, so the amount of air it flows will not be as much as say a small T3.

Comes down to where you want to make your power and how much stress your internals can handle. T25 will feel breathless top end but have crazy quick spool. T3 would be a little laggier but pull like crazy in the mid to top end.

--Tim
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

gtwoo'd I see you have a screen there in the dash, is it motorised?

I'm about to buy a similar one for CarPC and want to make sure that it will come out fully without hitting the air controls, does your hit them?
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
boosted_to_zero

Post by boosted_to_zero »

looks phat man!!! go cadence thats wat i have in nubi 2
gtwoo'd

Post by gtwoo'd »

hey Norbie, Yeah the screen is motorised, its the Pioneer AVP - P5750, I have the DVD player set so when the screen pops out its just resting on the a\c controls, the sad thing is that if i wish to adjust the a\c i have to pop the screen down for a few secs.