2.0L 8V turbo C20GET Lemans

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Thats real cool :D

This is the drive train that can be dropped into a lanos right?? :lol:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

does the turbo mani from this C20GET bolt onto a 1.5 SOHC? as far as "looks" goes both heads are identical so i thing this could be a good resource for turbo manifolds for out little engines.

this brings another question... what kinda turbo is that? and will it be too big to fit on a 1.5 SOHC??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

mmamdouh... remember that its a 2.0... a bigger block and head than the 1.5/1.6
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Slammed wrote:Thats real cool :D

This is the drive train that can be dropped into a lanos right?? :lol:
Yes.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Technically this is an "old" Lanos.... the drivetrain mounts and engine bay are identical.

So yes... this engine fits just fine
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Did some work on the car today....

Here is where I have removed the fenders, bumper, supports and passenger side inner fender well....... then I removed the entire front cross member by grinding welds and air chisling the joints.

While looking over the car I noticed that an entire section of the front inner fender had been replaced ( new piece lap welded over the old one )

Here is a picture from underneath.... where I have removed the undercoating is where the seam between panels were welded together.

Since I had a fair bit of deformation I figured that it might be wise to remove the front section at the joint between the new and old panels.

I have a donor Lemans in the back of my shop (technically I have two parts cars to pick from as of today.... the donor for this project will come from Tom's old chassis that we picked up out of storage today )

After all this hard work I decided that we needed to have a little fun so we took the car out to the front of my shop and made a quick video of a turbo GSi smoke show... :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Unfortunatly the video is 6MB and it's fairly dark (since it's nearly 11pm and I have no headlights )

I will post it once I get a chance.... right now I'm at work so I don't have access to my FTP program. (yes... I know I'm a bastard.... at least I admit it)
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Chris!

turn it into this:

me wants one :(
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

can you say intercooler!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm buying the intercooler and related parts from Tom since he's going to a 2.0L 16V turbo.

I have been looking at similar (if not nicer) body kits.... Tom thinks I should do a Astra MKIII conversion.... I also like the widebody kits... but they are super expensive.

Looks like the late night smoke show video is a bust.... I tried to lighten it up but it still didn't turn out
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

make a new one!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Absolutely.... without a doubt.... there will be several smoke shows in the future.

We've had great weather so far..... but now it's going to snow... so the smoke show will have to wait until next week (hopefully it warms back up)
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:Absolutely.... without a doubt.... there will be several smoke shows in the future.

We've had great weather so far..... but now it's going to snow... so the smoke show will have to wait until next week (hopefully it warms back up)
i know the weather here has been the best winter ever.... only snowed a few times and its going to snow again... and get back into the negitives
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I managed to get the donor Lemans ( thanks to Tom ) into my shop today.... cut off the entire front end as a one piece unit..... it will be transplanted onto my Optima Turbo and TIG welded into place..... I will also be welding a number of other areas in the engine bay to stiffen up the chassis.

Here are some pics of the donor car after I spent an hour cutting off the front end with a reciprocating saw.

2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I've been able to work on my car for a few hours each day this weekend !!
(most of you are probably going to think I'm crazy for being excited that I have a couple hours a day.... but for me.... this is more time than I've had in the last 6 months )

So.... I cut out everything.... did some adjustments with a grinder, hammer and reciprocating saw..... and it's turning out fairly decently.

I lined up the front end (not welded in yet) and installed the outer fenders to get the correct alignment.

As you can see.... after at least two fairly significant accidents (possibly more)..... there are some significant gaps in the alignment of the frame sections.

None of the gaps are that bad.... most are around 1/8" with a few up into the 1/4" range.... for the larger ones I will fill the gap with sheet metal and then perform a 1/2" wide TIG welded joint...... then the joint will be ground down so that it's smooth.

If I can't line up the frame sections the way I like..... I should be able to adjust it with a long bar and a hydraulic jack (spread the frame sections)
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Nice work Chris :)

I've always thought the GET engine looks right at home in the Mk2 Astra engine bay!

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...