My first lanos

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AborteK

Post by AborteK »

I'm really liking the car. The headlight really kill!!!! Wish i could get those on my 'Woo to go with my Black-on White theme jejejeje

Luck to your Proyect!!!!
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Bob3825 wrote:The new rims i installed. comments?better?worse?

The car look really cool... Love your headlights.. Do you have a closer bigger picture of headlights?

As I broke the headlight on my lanos, I have to do it all over again... So I'm seeking for some new ideas for them...

Do you have both low beam and high beam on projectors?
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

sorry i don't right now but the headlight has been modified and painted all black from the inside, then the low beam is now the angel eyes and high beam is on projector and the fog lights are just HIDs

I'll try to get you a close up at night so you can see whats what
99 1.6 3dr lanos
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

At the day please... I want to see the projector housing and how it is called roseta or something like that..
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Ok i got you two close ups front and side, the car is just a bit dirty today

99 1.6 3dr lanos
AborteK

Post by AborteK »

nice headlights really nice!!!! i want some like those for mine!!!!
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

They look very similar to mine.... 8)

Alto, I didn't want to paint everything to black, and I added LED parking light (9 LEDs in the first version, 21 LEDs in the second version). That black plate over projector is carbon fiber...

I was hoping I could also put inside high beam lights next to procjetor instead of LED parking light, but it is a bit tight place, not enough space..
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

I like the LED parking lights

I also had a couple of ideas but the problem was always the space, its a bit tight so i just left them as is for now so i can take care of the important stuff first
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Well the past couple of days i installed my sub woofer,Amp, Rear speakers and door speakers although i still want to cut in the door and do some fiber work around the speakers since they don't fit in the door
the whole system is from JVC, the Sub is 600Watt, 4 rear speakers 420 watt, 2 front speakers 300 watt and the Head unit of course

and since i had the car i really hated the steering wheel, i can't put my hand correctly on it and couldn't control the car in corners, the pedals also were really small for my leg, and the shift knob was just ugly, so i went ahead to a local dealer of Momo and installed a steering wheel, shift knob, shift boot, and pedals all from Momo

here are the Pics

now the cosmetic stuff is almost done i'm just finishing them first so i don't have to touch them again, they're not my cup of tea just the basic stuff i got used to in every one of my cars

As for the engine swap, i asked about the 1.6 and the 2.0 and the prices are not far, they are both possible money wise, i'm just looking for 2 main things now, someone to fabricate the engine mounts and someone to do the wiring, of course there are lots of people but i'm looking for someone that will do some quality stuff which is rare here
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

I have been having trouble with some white smoke and i thought of changing the essential stuff so i can diagnose correctly

I got new spark plugs, they are splitfire twin candle design, and while i was at my friend's shop i found a carbon fiber muffler which i love its noise so i got one too, but i'll install the stuff tomorrow because i want to change the oil too, its level is low and its color is like black, i guess the previous owner didn't want to change it before selling the car

99 1.6 3dr lanos
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Well i went back to college a week ago and i'm trying to find the time for the swap but still waiting for a good vacation or a couple of days off

but for the meanwhile i did my gauges white with the red needle about 3 days ago and today my Leds arrived from the UK and i installed them as well
Sorry the dash is very dirty but i got it cleaned

99 1.6 3dr lanos
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

lol playboy bunny xD
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

RIP Colin Mcrae
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

from where did you buy them white background for the dials?

do the illuminate with the parking light?

cost?

ever thought about painting the dash in silver??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

I didn't buy them i did them on photoshop on my laptop and printed them out on normal paper but they look better printed on gloss paper

I don't understand the second question, but i had some Leds ordered from the UK and i changed them yesterday so they illuminate normally, they illuminate when i turn the front headlamps on

about the silver thing, i kinda like it in black, i think it looks cleaner that way, i don't like flashy stuff

and of course the cost is only the price for the gloss paper
99 1.6 3dr lanos