rodd1s' ex-turbo Lanos [1349 sleeper in the making]

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

I like the first lip better, i think it will keep your car clean looking alot better than the second one.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

The more i look at them now the more i think the first wil be better suited, seeing as it's bubbly, and i dunno what those three things are sticking outta the top of the second splitter, i thought they were for mounting but the more i look at it the more it seems they're some sort of styling thing..

That red lano pic reminds me why i didnt buy a lanos first time round, i always hated how far the wheels seem to sit in the arches, they look lost in there.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you know paul you can change that with new wheels, mine dont sit in, they sit out nice and (almost) flush

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I know you can, but theres very few wheels i like that arent sorta original looking, yet still stand out, if you know what i mean. Most of the wheels i prefere are Vauxhall and are et 45-49 which will sit in as far as those do.

A nice set of Rota grid's would go down well on a lanos me thinks.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Pir0 wrote:The more i look at them now the more i think the first wil be better suited, seeing as it's bubbly, and i dunno what those three things are sticking outta the top of the second splitter, i thought they were for mounting but the more i look at it the more it seems they're some sort of styling thing..

That red lano pic reminds me why i didnt buy a lanos first time round, i always hated how far the wheels seem to sit in the arches, they look lost in there.
those 3 pokey out things on the second lip is to follow the shape of the lanos' front bumper. so it kinda wraps round the bottom edge of the grille area with support for mounting it to the centre support slat and the inner sides of the fog light holes. that also means that'll it'll need to be smoothed into the original bumper for it to look right.

where as the first one is designed to be bolted on without the need for filler/smoothing. i think i do like the first more because its not quite as jap-looking as the other. that second one is the kinda thing u'd see on a honduh civic.

and taking into account what Paul's saying about the lanos' wheels sitting far into the arches, the first lip is also narrower round the lower edge, and the other is flared out, which will emphasize the wheels sitting deep in the arches. and im not sure how long it'll be til the woo gets bigger shoes, cos i really do like the standard 5 spoke alloys (...if only they were 15" or 16").
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Not go for a set of Cesaros or something like that? Slightly bigger wheels but staying in the family? :L There's so many fauxhall wheels out there you could pick up for about 50 quid lol. Not many are five spoke though.

I still do like the fared out splitter. If it sat in tight at the sides, in line with the bumper/wheel arch, it'd be sweet. But i think you're right, the first will suit the lanos a bit better.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

new door speakers (i ended up not optin for the yellow woven kevlar ones, mainly cos they were 3-times more expensive than these, but after a while i started realising they only came in a 6" size)

had to bodge the original speaker surrounds to hold the new bigger ones.

heres one fitted in the door

on top of installing the new speakers, the wiring behind the head unit was a bit f'd

i forgot to take pictures of the end result of the more-securely-attached wiring.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

after i left tesco (where we [KentUniCarz] hold our weekly meet) on wednesday night to go back to tonbridge (where i live, 40 miles away), just after getting off the M20 motorway the check engine light came on, the engine started dying and the car wudnt get above 30 mph. stopped as soon as i could to check the engine. it was misfiring like mad so i knew where the problem would be... #1 cyl's ht lead was off the spark plug, and didnt wana stay there (as in, it wudnt click... it was floppy - like other things at the time. lol)

anyway, so i clamped the ht lead to the sparkplug with pliers, drove it home slowly, ordered some ht leads straight away and they arrived this morning.

Splitfire Twin-core 8.8mm leads.

while i was standing at the front of the car, i thought i'd remove the licence plate holder as part of the "get rid of black plastic" scheme.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

i also took that massive box called a subwoofer out the boot... hooked the amp up to my computers powers supply... and voila!! it works! shakes the whole house, and u can hear it outside in the street. lol

gotta love a bit of bass!!!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol, i've my speakers up pretty high on the pc atm too. Can feel the abss in the kitchen ^^

Not bad for a 2.1 system.

Anyway, whats the new speakers like, in the car that is lol.

I like them number plate surrounds lol, they get broke so easily though. My car's the last nexia about here with an intact one XD My friends broke.. cause, well, he doesnt give a shit about his car and he keeps ramming things lol. His saloon one i think's broke a bit around the side. My last one was broke round the bottom, then my friends trousers got caught on it and finished it off. So im trying not to bump the front of my car :P

[edit]: PS. hurry up and get the new grill started :P Can't wait to see it finished.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

when i was writing that last post i was thinking bout not having started anything with the grille yet. cant do anymore til nxt week seeing as its wkend, so gotta work, etc. i'll probly take the grille off monday morning and start chopping it up.

ive still gotta put wires in for my 6x9s aswell, seeing as my parcel shelf is sitting in my room at the minute.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol good man, that's the place for it :P DW I've a turbo manifold, injectors, 2 rear lights, and a dual stage FPR under my bed in a box, behind a box of books lol. :)

Can't wait to see your grill when you're done.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

one thing about the grill... the mesh looks really plain and its unpolished... thinking of either polishing it or painting it black...

what do you guys think?
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Black is my personal preference. But im biased. I fell in love with my black grill lol.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

im kinda biased towards black aswell... cos i need something to break up the color a bit as the whole things silver.