My ride...

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Danny Boy

My ride...

Post by Danny Boy »

hey guys i just thought i would come on here and show u guys what i have done with my car..

I currently drive a 2000 Opel Corsa Gsi.
Here is a picture of the side of the car before i changed the look of the front end

here is the pic of the new front end

Now i took out the 1600 8v motor and replaced that with a Daewoo Lanos 1600 16v motor and stuck an over grown hair dryer on that motor.
Here is a pic of my motor

Here is a pic of the dyno read out on the wheels
2000 Corsa GSi
205kw's and 321nm's at the wheels
In Allen we trust
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

really nice.
ImageImage
Lao

Post by Lao »

Very niceee!!

I guess you know that now you'll have to give me/us lots of details about how you turboed this car. I have a 1500cmc Daewoo Nexia, wich is the same engine as this one.

So, give me all the details you have on "How to turbo 1.6 Lanos engine", ok? Thanks.

Lao
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Wounderful :)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Nice numbers..... 275 whp and 237 ft lbs torque is a nice number from the 1.6L 16V.

How much boost?

Low compression pistons or stock?
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Guys i used stock pistons for about 2 years, but then the car was tuned lean on the dyno and i broke pistons... I then replaced them with forged pistons...

The car runs that power at 1.5 bar boost
2000 Corsa GSi
In Allen we trust
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

been talking with danny for a while, the engine was stock internals, only has arp rod bolts because of a raised limiter (7300), as he said he now changed the pistons after 2 years of pure bosst hahaha.

hes running an F18 and its still alive.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

that is correct... I ran stock internals on the car for 2 years before it broke an oil gland on the piston(thanks to the very poor tunning it got)
Then i replaced the stock pistons with Arias forged pistons and stuck in ARP rod bolts so that i could rev the car to 7300rpm

The gearbox is a F18 and i am using a 3 paddle sprung centre copper clutch. The std clutches would start slipping after about 2000kms

Anything else u guys wanna know about??
2000 Corsa GSi
In Allen we trust
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

yeah how bout some links to the clutch and pistons :D

Danny Boy wrote:that is correct... I ran stock internals on the car for 2 years before it broke an oil gland on the piston(thanks to the very poor tunning it got)
Then i replaced the stock pistons with Arias forged pistons and stuck in ARP rod bolts so that i could rev the car to 7300rpm

The gearbox is a F18 and i am using a 3 paddle sprung centre copper clutch. The std clutches would start slipping after about 2000kms

mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Nice. We use opel engine, opel uses daewoo engines... :lol:

I don't like your bumper... :(
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Car looks hot! You said the tuning wasn't the best at first...what did you use to tune it...as I am just starting to build my turbo 1.6 lanos.

Jimmy
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

mr_g wrote:Nice. We use opel engine, opel uses daewoo engines... :lol:

I don't like your bumper... :(
Fair enough on the bumper, i dont expect everyone to like it. Helps the car with cooling like u cant believe.

Yeah u see here in SA the 1600 motors that we got where all 8v, and at the time the Daewoo Lanos 16v motor is a copy of the Corsa motor just with a 16v head... So i used that.
2000 Corsa GSi
In Allen we trust
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Slammed wrote:yeah how bout some links to the clutch and pistons :D

Danny Boy wrote:that is correct... I ran stock internals on the car for 2 years before it broke an oil gland on the piston(thanks to the very poor tunning it got)

the pistons are Arias Pistons.... Its a company in that States that does pistons. I got those from the local agent here in SA.
There website is www.ariaspistons.com.

As for the clutch i never bought one, i took a std opel clutch plate and sent it in and asked them to make me a 3 paddle copper clutch with a sprung centre
2000 Corsa GSi
In Allen we trust
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

jidasas wrote:Car looks hot! You said the tuning wasn't the best at first...what did you use to tune it...as I am just starting to build my turbo 1.6 lanos.

Jimmy
On the car i am running an aftermarket management system made here locally. The problem was that when the car was taken for dyno tunning the car was tunned lean... Eventually after a couple months it detonated and broke the piston.

When i went to another dyno tuner he connected the laptop and turned around and asked me if i broke a motor. I replied yes and he said to me the tunning explains
2000 Corsa GSi
In Allen we trust
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you said this is on stock engine, did you use a mls head gasket or anything, or was the engine totaly stock? and your new pistons, are they stock compression ration or did you get low compression ones when you got new ones?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!