Lanos Sport Turbo (C20LET/F28) ;)

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

nexia182 wrote:im talking about 290 hp at the wheels!!!!!!!!

i get almost 300hp with an excellent preparation of the engine and also programable ecu, remeber my engine is a G15MF from opel Kadett E (astra mk2), is a very powerfull engine, and im using a 16v head from ecotec gsi engine 1.6L.

bigger its not better always................
In the fact you have 1.6 16V daewoo e-tec engine (A16DM) with lower stroke... The bore is the same, only shorter stroke... That engine block and the head is the same one I had stock in my daewoo lanos sport 1.6 16V.. Only the crankshaft and conrods are different (from 1.5 litre engine)...

I was asking what pistons and conrods you have, because I have fried one piston already on lower boost on pistons that are made for turbos... And you want to say you are putting all that boost on stock 1.6 16V A16DM pistons?! That is the puzzle to me... How can you do that without frying them... Probably the water injection helped cool down the piston heads... Or you have forged pistons and conrods?

With some forged pistons and conrods and ARP screws and some GT30 or similar, 2.0 litre engine is capable of doing 600HP... With water and oil cooling over 600Hp... But on stock pistons and conrods, C20LET can do max of the max 400HP on water...

Anyway, 300 wheel horse power is about 340 brake horse power on the flywheel.. If you have F16 gearbox...
nexia182
Expert

Post by nexia182 »

off course c20xe is powerfull than G15MF, i want that engine in order to run at 11s or maybe 10s!!!!!!!!!!!
DAEWOO NEXIA Turbo
1/4 Mille---> 12.9@2.600m OVER SEA LEVEL
OPEL POWER
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

With C20XE, forged pistons with lower static compression, forged rods, piston oil cooling from inside (with oil jets), big turbo like GT30 or GT35 and stand alone like MS or VEMS, I think you could get to 700HP...

But the problem would still be the traction on FWD... All Wheel Drive would be a must for that kind of power...
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

The 'Fastest Kadett E' thread begs to differ.

8.7 seconds and up around 1000bhp?

I think thats pretty good for FWD
SAZ
---------------------
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Pir0 wrote:The 'Fastest Kadett E' thread begs to differ.

8.7 seconds and up around 1000bhp?

I think thats pretty good for FWD
It's not the street legal car anymore... And it has MH on drag race stripes (concrete)... On standard street concrete it couldn't make below 11s... And on stock street tires maybe 12s-13s...

So, it's impossible to use more than 300HP on streets on FWD...

As I sad, my goal is low 13s or high 12s on street legal tires and standard streets (concrete)... Like a sleeper, low rider and clean style car... And that's that for FWD...

Who cares if my car can go 11s, if I can not achieve that on street traffic lights in real streets... :roll:
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

I have one question for you...

Or both? :smile: 8)
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Lanos is gone to the workshop... On the monday, engine was removed, and now it's in process of rebuilding the chasy... 8)

In the meantime I'm working on the new in car PC...

mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Some better pictures of incarPC... 8)

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

mr_g wrote: It's not the street legal car anymore... And it has MH on drag race stripes (concrete)... On standard street concrete it couldn't make below 11s... And on stock street tires maybe 12s-13s...

So, it's impossible to use more than 300HP on streets on FWD...

As I sad, my goal is low 13s or high 12s on street legal tires and standard streets (concrete)... Like a sleeper, low rider and clean style car... And that's that for FWD...

Who cares if my car can go 11s, if I can not achieve that on street traffic lights in real streets... :roll:
I agree that anything more than 300whp on the streets with stock tire size is useless.

I would however beg to differ and say that significantly more than 300whp is manageable with a limited slip differencial, equal length drive shafts and significantly wider high performance summer tires.

There are FWD Mazdspeed 3's and SRT-4's running around with 400 to 500whp.... and they are very fast.

Personally however.... I think your wise to choose power to get you into the low 13's.... the car will be manageable and keep you from getting into trouble ( as in loosing control and hitting something )

So..... I agree with you in your goal.... but I do have to say that 500whp on a FWD is manageable without slicks if the car is setup correctly.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

reminds me of the endless debate about high powered FWD machines... i still believe that if you have over 200HP then you are better off being in a RWD machine (or an AWD machine)

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Something new... :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

One morning job, atmel AVR and here is the result. Fancy effect... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnL5oRgqaY
mr_g
Expert

Re: Lanos Sport Turbo (C20LET/F28) ;)

Post by mr_g »

Behold now, I have just finished preliminary version Traction Control Module ... There are still a few glitches, but that's to be in ...

Means that it measures the speed of each wheel and gives impulse to the VEMS to reduce the power of the engine if it is too much. And may give impulses for the digital speedometer, etc..

Also I think that I will succeed to implement inside BC (board computer, trip time, consumption, etc.), and what is even more interesting for us tuners computing time acceleration 0-100 km/h, 0-160 km/h, 0-200 km/h, 100-200 km/h, 0-200m, 0-400m, 0-1000m .. So how you drive and get over a certain point, off these it would display lists of that time. This would be useful for when you are doing something to see how it affects the result...

Couple of things...

Tophat 3''. Polished and extended knee at the entrance to the turbine. Bosch BOV ... :-)

Here's how I have started to work on the car for the weekend. IC mounted. The car is tidy.

Ordered H-beam forged connecting rod ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0363598164

Here's another thingies in my possession ...

Strengthening the engine block ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0308172187

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sgy4fKE2PY

Car is back on the road, although I have a mountain of work, lack of money and the conclusion of a new engine ... :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

TV interview, Croatian radio television (HRT1). About my alarm system... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SA7Tu0PFcs

On the local street racing event I took the class 15th.. :)

I said that I will win, beat the rules with electronics... :) I have lower the pressure, and 0.55bar pressure was exactly set up for the 14.4s cars time and with my reactions and some luck, I won the cup (and about $1000)... :)

ImageImageImage

mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Bought another thing... Water injection pump... :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT

Bought COP (coil over plugs) 8)
http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/product_inf ... cts_id=112

A little bit crowd, COPs up and running.. :)

ImageImageImageImageImage
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

I have soldered wires for the TC on ABS. ABS still works after a have connected 10 wires marked with red circles.

Now I have to connect the oscilloscope to see right to the point A or point B signal from the ABS sensors. TC is over, but I have to write a program in C for the TC ...

Here is one TC board soldered

ImageImageImageImage

I do not have a new LCD so soldered, but it looks something like this sandwich with display ....

I imagine TC as board computer which calculates consumption, trip times, acceleration, etc. ..