My first lanos

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bob3825

My first lanos

Post by Bob3825 »

hey guys, just got my first daewoo after i crashed my last car, its a 3dr 1.4(or 1.3 as some say) lanos imported from italy and i live in Egypt
i've been browsing the forum for a while trying to know daewoos a bit and well since i got my lanos i thought of introducing myself by showing a couple of pics for the car

I plan on swapping in a 1.6 16v but i have some stuff to sort out first since the guy had shortened factory springs and the car is really bumpy, and the brakes are really fading and the pedal is hard to press

just want to say nice forum with really nice people, keep it up
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

looks nice, i noticed how low it sits, looks good like that, but cut springs are a bummer.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

yeah they are really bad, i'm going today to a local tuner he told me he has some springs for my lanos, so i guess i'll be getting them if they're good and put in my 16" rims instead of these 17" because the steering is very heavy
99 1.6 3dr lanos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

MABROOOOOOOOK!

nice car man... saw it a couple of times in Ma3adi and it looks great... too bad though that it has the smallest engine of the line, it is actually a 1349cc engine that is very very similar to the 1500cc that we have as standard here and it can be easily stroked to be 1500.

it is not too bad though... can easily swap in a 1.6 16 valve and for sure you have to upgrade your brakes to the 1.6 spec as i did... the whole brake modification project is documented at www.nilemotors.com:

http://www.nilemotors.com/Nile/showthread.php?t=15264

also your buddy Nader already contacted me regarding your car and the planned upgrades and a friend of mine "Bassel Mahmoud El-leathy" said that you are relatives... unless their is another silver 3door lanos hatch in Egypt.

feel free to roam the forum here and specially check the "aftermarket and performance section" and the "How to" section as well... lots of interesting topics their... take a look at those in particular as they cover the 2000cc Nubira swap and turbocharging it:

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5171

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6536

welcome to the forum bro

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Allah yebarek fik ya basha
but i don't think he means me because there is another silver one in maadi but its a stock one and has the newer rear lights

I have considered the 2.0 swap but its too much of a hassle and i'll have to fabricate the engine mounts, and my friends told me adam's car (woo_sleeper) was never tuned right (wiring wise) and the engine sat with a bit of an angle due to the fabricated mounts, so i decided to stick to the 1.6 and turbocharge it later on

i just want to sort out the springs first because its really annoying, and i want to ask you from where did you get the E30 bosch injectors? demesh2, 7erafeyeen or some place else ???because whenever i start the car cold, fuel goes through the exhaust and a bit of fumes come out and i can smell the fuel and it takes a about 5 seconds to start which is alot, but other than that the car is really nice and the guy took care of it really well, i was amazed when we jacked the car up to see the undercarriage that there were no scratches seeing how low it sits
99 1.6 3dr lanos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the 2.0 will require much more work as far as engine mounts are concerned... a 1.6 is far more easy to drop

the BMW injectors are available at BMW guys in Herafeen... a set of 1600 BMW M40 injectors will cost you some 200LE or so, full details about that is in here:

http://www.nilemotors.com/Nile/showthread.php?t=9860

MMamdouh
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

ok thanx alot man, the problem is nile motors is in arabic and i don't have an arabic keyboard so i can't search the forum
99 1.6 3dr lanos
woo_sleeper

Post by woo_sleeper »

Mabrook , the car looks hott ;) , nice work ;) , who did u have do ur light ? where u get the mirrors from ? , id have to agree w mamdouh on the swap , if u want hassel free swap go for the 1.6 and turbo it later on , but the 2.0 swap is a killer , i havnt been around to fix mine since im currently out of the country so the car is just sittin at home :( , but i found a guy before i left that could sort out my harness probs i ran in to , im gonna have to get a new engine bay + engine harness so it gets done right this time ;) , as for the mounts also found some 1 to do them right , i seen a his work on a few cars from mohendeseen and masr el gedida and the work he did was excelent. So keep us updated with the new mod's u add to ur car
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Allah yebarek fik ya m3alem, thanks

the headlights and the mirrors were done by the previous owner by some guy in 7erafeyeen, but lots of shops now seem to be doing these headlights with rings like BMWs (ringat), and the mirrors are called bad boy mirrors, they are a bit hard to fit but once they fit they look great.
I replaced the rims in the car with some 16" momo ones, the car is much less bumpy now and i think looks better too, i'll post pics later of them
As for the swap I'll have to go with the 1.6 since I'll b going back to college in less than a month so i can't run into trouble with the engine now

and i loved your car by the way especially the widened fenders
Last edited by Bob3825 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

The new rims i installed. comments?better?worse?

99 1.6 3dr lanos
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

hehe looks great :)

i need to get gun silver color rims for my or black :D
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

yeah, those wheels look good. love the whole black and silver theme going on, especially those headlights ;)

by the way, do u know what car that front splitter is from? (the lil lip under the front bumper)
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Hafta admit, looks stunning. Love the black on silver look too. Headlights, girll and front splitter do it for me. Compleeeeeeeeeeetely change the look of the car.
SAZ
---------------------
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

Thnx guys then the rims stay :D

as for the splitter its from an opel astra sedan the G model (98-03), here take a look at this pic, if you look closely you will see the splitter but the pic is a little dim and it doesn't quite go till the end of the bumper but it was the closest fit

99 1.6 3dr lanos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

rims look gr8 man!

MMamdouh