Update:Lanos Rebuilt head, parts,tools. Fs

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Edman

Update:Lanos Rebuilt head, parts,tools. Fs

Post by Edman »

So, it looks like I no longer have time to finish my 2000 Lanos.

Great little car! I bought used w/bad timing belt and bent valves, I rebuilt it myself and it ran wonderfully on weekend trips etc! I ride a motorcycle on a daily basis, so only used the car for weekend trips and shopping.

Unfortunately I neglected to fix a my small radiator leak, so I just kept adding water for over year! Yes I know coolent is also a lube for the water pump, but I didn't know how fast modern car graphite cylinder head gaskets disintegrate with out coolent!

So, I blew a head gasket and had pitting on the cylinder head. Being the mechanical sort of guy, went out and bought all new parts($200) and sent the head to be welded up and reprofiled ($300)! Everything is sitting waiting to be assembled.

I know it's a weekends worth of work, but I bought a truck for my motorcycle :D

I've decided to scrap the car, because of expired tags and old tiresx4=($$). But I have a long list of goodies to sell!!!

1-Re-machined cylinder head with new valves, w/ valve seals, all valve lashes and cams installed and torqued.
1-New head gasket, timing belt new/unused, water pump/new in box, tension pulley/ new inbox.
1-Water pump wrench/ proper tool, you don't have to make one!
1-Cam position sensor new($60), with slight use. (I had that problem code misfire cyl1/2, with odd idle.) Turns out something else was wrong on the dle air control assy.

Also: I have a good working Idle Air Control assy, the assembly that controls air intake. IT has a good TPS and other control sensor.

I'll Sell everything for $350 frim! I'm in the Los Angeles area, I prefer not to ship. But may sonsider

eddfink@gmail.com
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Update:Lanos Rebuilt head, parts,tools. Fs

Post by daewooluvr »

Pics ? and this should be posted in the For Sale section
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Edman

Post by Edman »

I thought I would inform people of my previous problem. Hopefully no one will repeat my problem, USE COOLENT!

I had the Lanos smogged 3-4 months prior to the head gasket blowing! It passed with flying colors, I was proud of driving the car I rebuilt. Which lasted over 2 years, until I had the idle/revving/misfiring cylinder issue. I even fixed that problem too, first I thought it was Cam position sensor(wrong$$)!

I was lucky to find a 32,000 mile Lanos in the junkyard and grabbed the TPS and other valve sensor(forgot name). This area gets dirty, from the blow back hose coming off the valve cover.

Anyways I'll take pictures of everything and post it them this weeK! Just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped out in the past, this is a great forum! I guess I can consider shipping, I might throw everything on ebay in 1 auction!
Billy

Post by Billy »

Will it fit a 2004 aveo?