Parts from the UK ( I'm ordering stuff )

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Parts from the UK ( I'm ordering stuff )

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hey guys, I have a good connection for parts in the UK and I will quote some prices.

Here is what my contact gave me for information and pricing.....

have the quaife diffs and bearing collar needed for the F28 2wd £490 (new).
Also I have the drive shaft oil seals £5 each, the smaller of the two diff bearings £15 (larger bearing has to be used) the speedo drive gear(black) £15 and speedo driver for the cable £25, the first part of the linkage which mounts on the rear gearbox mount (connect to the gear shift rod) £30, front mount £20.
I can source the other parts (new or secondhand, would need to know more exact details of what you want) but as you are outside the EU it may be cheaper to deal direct for new parts I do not have.
I do not mind helping acting as a forwarding agent or if what I have needs to be posted to someone else in the UK before shipping to you.

He's a reputable guy from Migweb....... so I will probably be looking into an order in the next few weeks.

So.... if anyone is interested let me know and I will get more info off him.

One of the things I'm getting is an electro/hydraulic power steering pump from an Astra MK4.... would be especially good for people like me that have done a swap but are having a hard time fitting in a power steering pump due to interference from other things ( such as the turbo )...... also they free up power since it only draws power (and thus horsepower) when you turn the wheel as opposed to a regular power steering system that draws significant power all the time.

I found a number of these pumps on ebay.co.uk for less than $200 used..... so over all that's a pretty decent price.

My contact is pretty much willing to get anything at this point.... so if you have a wish list..... let me know ASAP.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Hi Chris

I'm interested in this stuff...I'm assuming its all for the F28?

the smaller of the two diff bearings £15 (larger bearing has to be used)

Can you find more info about the diff bearings? Why is there only the smaller one? I don't know what he means by "the larger one has to be used". I think my diff bearings are noisy on my F28 and I would like to have a set to replace them.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes.... these are F28 parts......I'm not too sure what he means either.... I know you need to instal a collar to make the Quaife LSD work with the F28... perhaps that's why he's talking about larger bearings.... I will drop him a line.

He can supply anything..... so if your intersted in Cams, valvetrain, pullies, C20LET head, clutches.... or anything else from the UK just let me know and I will pass it on to him.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Yes.... these are F28 parts......I'm not too sure what he means either.... I know you need to instal a collar to make the Quaife LSD work with the F28... perhaps that's why he's talking about larger bearings.... I will drop him a line.

He can supply anything..... so if your intersted in Cams, valvetrain, pullies, C20LET head, clutches.... or anything else from the UK just let me know and I will pass it on to him.
Alright cool, let me know what you hear from him. That company Cav16 www.cav16.co.uk doesn't even respond to my emails about F28 parts.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Any updates on this?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Finally got ahold of him..... in the F28 there are two bearings..... one large.... one small.

The small one is still available but the large one has gone out of production.... so you have no choice but to reuse the big one.

He said some people have machined the gearbox to accept two smaller bearings

Basically at this point if the big bearing is fine then leave it alone.... but if that bearing dies then there is no choice but to have the gearbox modified to accept the other bearing type.

So.....what all do you want at this point?

I'm going to start with a few small purchases to make sure everything goes over smoothly with the shipments to Canada..... after that I will probably pick up one or two Quaife ATB's off of him since the price is pretty good.

So.... let me know what your interested in and I'll throw it into a few of my purchases.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Lamborgini112

Post by Lamborgini112 »

if this is still valid and he's still willing i'd love to get some of the parts for the f28 conversion, i'm not sure everything i need but i know it's gonna cost a good bit. Other things i'd like to land would be another one of those pumps you talked about for the power steering if it'll fit my u20sed from my reno. And can he get a price on a whole f28
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Yes,I would imagine he could get you an entire F28

I talked to him once before about getting an F28.... but then I was pointed in the direction of the F28 I bought from a guy who does rally racing in the UK ( so the transmission had been gone over by SBD motorsports )

The big question is what you have to spend and when will you have the money available... I don't want to ask him about it until your committed to the F28 conversion.

Lastly.... would you want a Quaife ATB in there?
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Lamborgini112

Post by Lamborgini112 »

well i know that this would be for the spring. I'm not sure as too what i'm willing to spend. Will shipping just murder my total costs. Where is my money gonna have to go.
Lamborgini112

Post by Lamborgini112 »

How long of a wait also. Will there be any guarantees that if i open it up it's going to be a healthy tranny. How much are the other misc. parts gonna cost and what all are they everyone seems to have a different shopping list of what to buy.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

If I'm going to guess here..... your probably looking at around $1000 to $1200 for the gearbox.... including shipping.

As with all used parts.... it's simply luck of the draw... there is no way to guarantee a gearbox.

Mileage is one place to start but really that doesn't mean much.

After all... you might get one with 200,000 miles driven by a grandmother that had her car serviced once a month

Or you might get one that only has 80,000 miles but someone has abused it hard most of it's life.

In my mind the 200,000 mile unit would probalby be in better shape.

Unfortunatly there are quite a number of F28 components that are simply not available anymore so rebuilding can be tough

So it's definitly a risky thing.... unless you pay an arm and a leg to find one from a company that has rebuilt the F28 ( which could set you back more than a few thousand )

there are other alternatives to the F28.... I have a brand spanking new M32 6spd for an Astra VXR that I managed to get for about 800GBP plus shipping.

that was a really luck thing.... I don't know if I've seen another M32 anywhere for sale.

The M32 should be stronger than the F28 and it mates up to all the iron block ecotec engines.

the linkage is controlled by two cables.... so there is no mechanical linkage to worry about.

I will have to manufacture custom mounts to make it work..... but I think it will be a great transmission.

So.... dig around.... perhaps you might be able to find a used M32 at one of the scrap yards in the UK.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos