Lowered $$ or TRADE ! Lanos Strutbar . New, never used

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Man with no name
Junior

Lowered $$ or TRADE ! Lanos Strutbar . New, never used

Post by Man with no name »

I need to sell this...I have a hydrolocked leganza thats been sitting for 2 weeks and my sister's car is starting to go as well... Thanks :?

Update : Looks like we're gonna swap an engine onto the leggy and keep it alive. Almost everybody in the US hates woos but my family loves this car. So if you have a strutbar for the leganza and want to trade, let me know. I don't want to deal with shark racing ever again. Also, and I know this is a long shot, if you have a phenolic head gasket from Daft Art for a leggy and want to trade it for the lanos strutbar let me know as well...

-------------------------------------------------------

I purchased a strutbar for a Leganza from Shark Racing months ago and got one for a Lanos instead. They never refunded or exchanged it, so Im posting it for sale to recoup part of my loss.

This strutbar is brand new, never mounted. It sold $85 shipped at Shark racing when I bought it but now they've raised the price to a whopping $92. Buy it from me and get it in a week instead of months and avoid their horrible costumer service.

Like I said, brand new and never used. The only flaw is that it has a scratch the length of a penny on the left side.

60 shipped thats a loss of $25 for me and peace of mind for you.

Heres a pic of it mounted on someone's car...Daewoomofo posted this on my other thread :D

And heres the thread to Sharkracing ( :x those damn bastards) This is the one you will be getting...it says its for a 1999-2003 lanos.

http://sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop ... =020400000
Last edited by Man with no name on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
240sx
Man with no name
Junior

bump and lowered the price
240sx
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i would love to help you out but I really don't have a use for it. HOWEVER... whats going on with the Leganza? are you planning to fix it? if so do you and the parts needed to make this brace work for your Leganza?

I'd be glad to help that way,
Garrett
Man with no name
Junior

Thanks a lot GSE...well, I really want to save the leganza. The problem is that I've been extremely busy this past weeks with college and havent even thought about it, but once next week is over I'll be free.

To be honest I don't know what we're gonna do with the car. I called my mechanic and they told me that to rebuild a hydrolocked engine would be a very expensive job and that it would be cheaper to buy another engine and have it swapped in. The problem is finding said engine. Cheapest I could find was 1 grand. That, plus the labor, plus other parts such as a new timing belt kit would make it around 2 grand which is basically what the car would be worth with a good engine....if I had the tools and knowledge to do the project myself I would definitely get the leggy running, but I have neither.

I had purchased a starter hoping that maybe I would get lucky and that replacing it would get the car to start but like I said I haven't even had the time. As of right now the car is in limbo...

As for the strutbrace, its not just that the braces have a different bolt pattern altogether, its that its a lot shorter and simply doesn't fit a leganza. Thanks for the concern
240sx
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

we'll I hope you can get the motor situation figured out.

as far as the brace, would be willing to get you the mount plates and and the links from the bar to the plate i would just need some measurements and one of the mounting plates.

let me know what you think, I don't want you to do something you're not interested in but if you can't sell the brace it beats taking a full loss.

even though it doesn't reach how does it fit for height?

Garrett
Man with no name
Junior

Garrett Im kinda lost... u r saying you could provide the mount plates and the links for a strutbar right? as for the bar itself, do I have to get that on my own or fab it? sorry Im kinda confused.

As for the height, it fits with no problems.
240sx
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

PM sent

Post by gse_turbo »

Man with no name wrote:Garrett Im kinda lost... u r saying you could provide the mount plates and the links for a strutbar right? as for the bar itself, do I have to get that on my own or fab it? sorry Im kinda confused.

As for the height, it fits with no problems.
I can send you the two mounting plates so that you can still use the brace bar itself
Man with no name
Junior

The bar wouldnt fit. Its like 3 inches too short to fit in a leganza. If it wasnt for that small detail I would take up your offer lol
240sx
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Man with no name wrote:The bar wouldnt fit. Its like 3 inches too short to fit in a leganza. If it wasnt for that small detail I would take up your offer lol
but that is part of what I'm talking about, each side has two lengths of metal that link from the bar to the mounting plate. I can provide mounts with longer links to compensate for the three inches.

Garrett
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

Howzit man !

Would you consider shipping to South Africa ? I realise there would be extra cost on the shipping front, but i might be keen if the shipping aint too much.

Let me know, oh and do ya take Paypal ?

Sean - Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i might be interested if its still for sale when i get my tax money. probably a few weeks.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Still available? I can send you Paypal out as soon as you'd like.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Still available?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

LoL, I had dibs!

But I posted like 3 weeks ago and still no answer...dammit...