Nubira or Leganza Turbo manifold + turbocharger $200

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DAEWOOLeganza

Post by DAEWOOLeganza »

awesome! i wanna hear about a leggy boosted!!! i plan on getting a nissan 240 sx for now, but once i have some spare change i also plan on getting another leggy and boosting it, it was too hard having a daewoo as my only car with it having sooo many problems...
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

DAEWOOLeganza wrote:awesome! i wanna hear about a leggy boosted!!! i plan on getting a nissan 240 sx for now, but once i have some spare change i also plan on getting another leggy and boosting it, it was too hard having a daewoo as my only car with it having sooo many problems...
yea

if u want real performance u should buy an Evo 8 or IX cause u can make 600hp easy with this shops kit http://amsperformance.com/chrisevo.php cause buying old cars and custom upgrading them to make alot more power is hard and requires more work

im probably never going to ditch the car cause i did so much to it already plus its turbo ready with the exhaust and such theres no need for me to drive fast and show off on the road cause everyone is curtious turboing the car would make me keep up with the rest of the drivers off the light without having to hit 4k+ rpm shift points just to keep up with the rest of the other cars

i plan on not using new injectors just an FMU cause i heard if u dont boost alot it would just make it run way rich

im going to definitely run it at the track and calculate how much hp is has with just the time

im excited to feel the new performance

the parts i ordered were
oil block kit (comes with lines)
38mm 6psi wastegate
Type RS bov
JDM fuel pressure regulator
turbo intercooler 18x12x3

those came up to only 349
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

on UPS.com ground shipping if the box is 40x12x12 and weighs 30 pounds it would be 70 so if it weighs 10 less it should be 60 and 10 more would be 80
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Careful buying cheap go-fast parts. There was a write-up somewhere comparing a quality intercooler with a cheap eBay intercooler that was a few hundred dollars less. Both units were roughly the same size and shape, but when it came time to actually do some cooling, the initial run was fairly close, but in subsequent runs, the cheaper intercooler simple could not shed enough heat to keep it efficient. I think the difference in intake temps was something like 80 degrees. Considering you paid $349 for all of those parts...you got the cheap kind. Not really a place you want to skimp.

And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE buy a high-quality Fuel Pressure Regulator. There was a guy in my local forum (TampaRacing.com) who had a mint Integra Type-R that ended up catching fire when his eBay FPR failed and spilled fuel all over his hot engine bay. I had a horrible experience with my fuel pressure regulator from eBay too... it didn't actually regulate anything, it just blocked the return flow, pressure spiked to 80 PSI, my car started misfiring, and I'm sure I damaged my fuel pump. Again, a nice $150 unit from Aeromotive or a similar company is WELL worth the money.

Ebay is full of cheap performance parts...but there is a reason that most serious car guys, even the ones who don't have that much to spend, save up money to get the quality stuff. It lasts longer and works better.
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

yea but im very tight on cash so as long as it does its job it should be fine

if i were doing 35psi or higher of course i would spend nothing but quality

btw i just researched about the fuel pressure regulator about them possibly rusting inside and leaking
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

i can do western union i have the money ready now i tried called u on saturday but no one was answering

i dont need the intercooler piping anymore ill just order to keep shipping cost low

what type of socket do i need to remove the oil pan

and which wire did u tap into for the 12V+ ignition switch for the gauge

im so excited i already planned out what im going to do

red is L pipes blue is cut L pipes yellow r couplers green is straight pipes and orange is the BOV pipe :)