2.0 forenza short block for sale IN BOX

Buy, Sell or trade... individuals to individuals. Please don't Abuse of this forum.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

brandt

2.0 forenza short block for sale IN BOX

Post by brandt »

I have a 2.0L short block for a 04-05 reno or forenza. NIB!!! RETAIL AMOUNT $3500.00...Willing to sacrifice for $1800.00!!!
If you want pics please post and I will get back ASAP!!!!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

....that's allot money to send to someone we dont know.

Why are you selling it?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

that is ALOT of money to ask for considering I got a whole motor with all sensors, fuel rail & injectors, etc for $350 CAD. Altho it was used, but still $1800 I think is too much. And why are you selling it ?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

exist3nce wrote:that is ALOT of money to ask for considering I got a whole motor with all sensors, fuel rail & injectors, etc for $350 CAD. Altho it was used, but still $1800 I think is too much. And why are you selling it ?
+1. Theres a motor with sensors, wires inejctors, ect with only 1,200miles on it for $600 locally here.

I already talked to the guy trying to sell this for $3500 on ebay. You'll be very very lucky to get rid of the thing for even $1,800...and It won't happen on any of the forums because everyone knows they can pick up a engine nearly new for less than that
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
brandt

Post by brandt »

I checkedwith aSuzuki dealer today and the MSRP is actually 2500.00 I figured I would sell it for %50 of MSRP so I apologize. I will ask 1300.00 for it. That isn't bad for a brand new engine if someone wants to hop one up.
I got this engine from a friend as collateral. He thought I would use it because I fix Suzuki's, but I only do true Japanese Suzuki's. I thought someone who has an interest in Daewoos could use it. It's been sitting in my shop for 8 months and I'm tired of banging my shins on it. If someone is interestd and willing to make me a decent offer to try to recoup some of my money, great. If not U.S. Steel can make a file cabinet and a case of beer cans with it.
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

I bought the same motor for $600 brand new off ebay it only had 54 miles on it
2.0 engine swap in the works
brandt

Post by brandt »

First of all, congratulations on your purchase. You truly got a good deal. But how many of these engines are posted on EbaY with that low of milage. Yes, you can get engines pulled out of wrecked cars that have 30 to 60K but the question is how well were these engines maintained? With a used engine it is a crap shoot as to wether the owner properly maintained the vehicle. Also, a price listed on a classified is always subject to negotiation. Last I knew if someone was interested in an item, a seller and a buyer will negotiate until a price, if possible, can be reached. If you wish to negotiate a purchase, please send a PM. If you simply have nothing better to do than criticize others for trying to sell an item, keep it to yourself.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

brandt wrote: If you simply have nothing better to do than criticize others for trying to sell an item, keep it to yourself.
Considering you have 3 posts I'd suggest that you stop asking people to "keep it to yourself"

This is an open forum, if people feel your price is too high then they are free to post and say so.

Does that suck??

Yes... when you are the seller of an item and someone says "hey I can get this for 1/3 the price" it makes the classified advertizement useless.

But it comes down to an issue of regular users of the forum looking out for others by giving their opinion as to whether it's a good deal.

$1300 for a new short block certainly isn't a bad price, but that is not to say that there isn't better deals to be had.

You never know, someone from a dealer might happen upon the site and see your classified advertizement and take you up on the offer.

As for locals purchasing it.... I can guarantee that a short block is not something in high demand.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
hiszuki

Post by hiszuki »

where are you located?
2005 Zuki Reno, Red, Custom intake and exaust
2006 Zuki Reno, Black, Unmodded