IT LIVES!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

IT LIVES!!!

Post by daewhorider »

Well im driving in the middle of nowhere when after running the car for 30 minutes whenever i stop and accelarate it jerks back and forth lightly, as i went it got worse ad worse and after my final stop it started doing it as i was going 40 mph, check engine light start flashing then i knew for sure iw as screwed then the light stays on i did not want to screw anything up and i pulled off under the first street light i could find, took me 10 minutes to do so, well i stop the car and here comes a cop He tells me i cant drive b/c of curfew, ok....whatever, i try to start the car again to keep warm then the engine hardly ran so i turned it off, about 30 minutes later my dad and mechanic uncle show up I tried to start it to show him and the engine wont even turn over, The starter clicks and it cant turn the engine over as hard as it tries it seeps as iff its all glued or somthing. So i had it towed to its casket aka garage and i dont know wtf the do. I thought it was electrical then i tested the battery and it was at full charge so electrical is fine, no blown fuses no nothing. When i start it all the dash lights dim and if i have headlights on they dim to the point where you can hardly see em, i think its due to the fact that the starter is trying its hardest to turn it over but the engine wont do it. What can it be?
Last edited by daewhorider on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Try to read the error code.
Maybe you got a stuck open injector and engine was flooded. Doe's it smell gas?

Daniel
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

seems like the engine seezed/stuck (don't know the correct turm to discribe it but your engine is mechanically unable to work)

did you check your oil l evel?
are you leaking any oil?
did the oil pressure lamp turn on?
is their enough coolant in the car?
was the temp gauge rising up during this issue?
does the engine turn when you put the car in gear and push it? (put it in 5th and push it for a few feet and see if the engine turns or not)

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if the lights are dim even when you arent trying to start the car, it could be a bad ground. if the grounds are bad the lights will be dim, the engine could run rough, ladn tye starter wouldnet be able to start the car. i say look to see if all of the grounds are good. if so adn if its a manual transmission. get in an dturn the key on (not start) put it in first gear and holedthe clutch in while a friend pushes you, get up to a couple miles an hour and quickly let the clutch out dn then press it back in, that should push start your car. see if that works

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I would check for a short on your ignition wires as well as the ground that Daewoomofo suggested. :)
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Oil is good, Coolant is gone(Think i may have a leak), Ground is good unless where i grounded it the computer of the car is grounded( I took out fuse block and still no answer though). The lights only dim when i try to start the car and i heard the strater click but it does not move anywhere its just......stuck which is why the lights dim because its sucking out all the power, So would replacing the coolant do anything or did i fuck it up b/c i knew i had no coolant but its winter and my car never overheated in the first place so i figured i would just wait till spring.
Me car
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

daewhorider wrote:Oil is good, Coolant is gone(Think i may have a leak), Ground is good unless where i grounded it the computer of the car is grounded( I took out fuse block and still no answer though). The lights only dim when i try to start the car and i heard the strater click but it does not move anywhere its just......stuck which is why the lights dim because its sucking out all the power, So would replacing the coolant do anything or did i fuck it up b/c i knew i had no coolant but its winter and my car never overheated in the first place so i figured i would just wait till spring.

Cars get insanely hot without coolant even during winter (think of it as a camp fire, it doesn't get cold because it's freezing outside, it may not burn as hot for as long... but it will still be hot)... If you drove it without coolant... You quite possibly siezed the piston... and I would almost bet this is the situation... Coolant cannot wait, and if you want to keep the integrity of your engine... it shouldn't be neglected for even 5 minutes, let alone till spring...

What you described is what happened to my car as it started to overheat... but i didn't continue driving it... and had more coolant ready for it, waited till the engine had cooled down enough to open the coolant tank... and drove home fine with more coolant in it...

There are many important factors in your car running correctly... Coolant is one of them... Never run a car without coolant... I personally keep coolant and water in my trunk just in case my car ever has a leak in the coolant system again...

edit: there are some vehicles that dont' require a liquid coolant... some are air cooled, but if you have a radiator... theres a reason for it...
Last edited by Aneab on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
a woo that is a work in progress
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Well heres what ive found, the bendix in my starter is busted.....problem 1, and i peobably need a new alternator and while im at it im gonna buy an optima yellow top battery. :roll:
Me car
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Well good luck =) hopefully you didn't seize a piston.

If not, fix that leak ASAP. even if it's stop leak you put into it...
a woo that is a work in progress
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Well i got the new starter in after finding out that a piece of the old starter housing broke off and was jamming the flywheel and the starter from moving. So the car starts.......and runs horribly the exhaust flow pulsates out of the tailpipe and the engine runs very roughly and when i put it in drive and let it idle it moves and jerks forward and its not good. So i find out i blew the head gasket....what a happy day yesterday was.... I also found out im going to have to send the head in for machineing in order to get it back to normal due to the fact that it warped. I guess htis is what happens when you run your car at a constant speed of 85-100 MPH with no coolant. In total this should all cost me 350$ to fix and i reccomend you all keep coolent in your car so this doesnt happen to you. I also ordered the timing kit and water pump, it all cost me only 150$ off ebay....imagine if i bought it direct from daewoo...it would have been like 900$.
Me car
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

I really don't know where you ever got the idea that it is OK to run the car without coolant in ANY time of the year. That will definitely kill a motor.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

daewhorider wrote: I guess htis is what happens when you run your car at a constant speed of 85-100 MPH with no coolant. In total this should all cost me 350$ to fix and i reccomend you all keep coolent in your car so this doesnt happen to you.
Dude.... I don't know what to say to you.... I mean.... well.... uhhhhh..... just make sure you check all fluid levels on regular intervals (say once a month) and make sure the fluids are at the appropriate levels discussed in the owners manual.

As well.... make sure you change your fluids at the recommended time/mileage intervals as set out in the owners manual.

I would assume that you know to change your oil, spark plugs, timing belt, coolant, tranny fluid at specific mileage levels (and time is also a factor... especially for the timing belt) but if your unfamiliar with these specific maintenence periods and you don't have an owners manual..... I'm sure someone on here would be willing to help you out.

In a way.... I guess this post proves the reliability of these little engines.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

:lol: :lol: I'm keeping my mouth shut on reliability...

although I will quote what my mechanic said...

"Ya know... that junk is black like coal... and flows like rocks..."
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Lol im such a dipshit..... I changed oil, spark plugs, still have yet to change my tranny fluid but im only at 30,000 miles, I take care of my car its just that i saw coolent kind of like wiper fluid....it was just not that important simply because my car never overheated i always checked the temperature gauge. Do you all think 50$ for a head gasket set is a little too cheap? It comes with head gasket, intake, exhaust, and a few other little seals. Ive always known its about 150.00$ for this stuff.
Me car
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

well if i was you, find who is the maker of this kit, and see if they have a good rep. hey... sometimes cheap is good... i would take that price anyday for the gaskets..
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!